Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Awning lights won't turn off
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Awning lights won't turn off

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
rtreptow7

Central, WI

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/18 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

myredracer wrote:

afidel wrote:

myredracer wrote:

Maybe pull the switch out and disconnect it. The switch could be defective.

If you disconnect the strip in the awning and it still won't go out, you have a serious issue... [emoticon]

The wire that goes out through the awning arm has switched 12 volts from inside your camper and there is no "control panel" inside the roller tube, just a splice or connector at the strip. I just got a new strip for our awning (1/2 the LEDS are burned out) and according to a Carefree of Colorado video uses a plug-in connector.

Wrong! The OPs trailer has Solera smart arm awnings, they DO have a control panel built into the arm. Just because your camper doesn't have a feature don't assume that nobody else's do.
Thanks, I haven't seen those before.

Not my rv or dealer, but here is the "smart arm" I have on my rv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQKaXyaMdvo

2017 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0L 4.10
2019 KZ Durango 1500 286BHD fifth wheel
2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew CAb 6.0L 3.73 REPLACED
2004 Chevy 2500HD Exteneded Cab 6.0L 4.10 gears REPLACED
2004 KZ Frontier 2453P-F fifth wheel-REPLACED

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/18 12:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just leave them on all night - then you can read about yourself on the forum in the morning. [emoticon]

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

rtreptow7

Central, WI

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just to follow up to this, there is a recall on these smart arm controllers by Lippert due to corrosion from water intrusion. The official recall states the awning can start to unroll itself while towing....which could be a pretty big deal if that happened! I called my dealer and they are aware of the recall but do not have the parts yet to replace it but are expecting them soon. I have appointment scheduled to replace these. ( I have it on both awnings)

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/recall/KZ_Dealer_Notice_Smart_Arm_Controller_.pdf

Potential Number of Units Affected: 7,401
Problem Description:
KZRV, L.P. (KZRV) is recalling certain 2018-2019 KZRV Durango, Spree, Spree Escape, Connect, Sportsmen, Sidewinder, and
Venom recreational trailers. The Solera Smart Arm awning may deploy while moving.
Consequence:
If the awning deploys while moving, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Remedy:
The remedy for this recall is still under development. The recall is expected to begin on June 15, 2018. Owners may contact KZRV
customer service at 1-800-768-4016, extension 154 or 153. KZRV's number for this recall is KZ-2018-04.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Awning lights won't turn off
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS