cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Van full of show dogs stolen

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I'm posting this for RVers, because you never know what will show up at a campground..... Facebook has implied that the reward is up to $30,000 for the return of the dogs.

Watch for Promaster van with dogs

Of course the moral of this sad story is that you should never leave a vehicle running and unlocked (those dogs would have been just fine for the 4 minutes the trainer was gone)
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!
11 REPLIES 11

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
Crowe wrote:
Apparently this dimwit hasn't heard of the term DRIVE THROUGH.
I take my Collies on long trips and sometimes I have to use the restroom. I get gas, food and use the restroom with the truck locked and running for the A/C. If I go into a sit down restaurant or grocery store I fire up the generator turn on A/C in the 5er or TT for the Collies both have built in Onan's.

Yeah - I can do that with my van, too (lock it while it's running) - I'm guessing the Promaster in question was a more basic model with manual locks? But anyone with the IQ of a turnip knows that a vehicle left running and doors unlocked, is an invitation that many people of questionable character can't refuse.

Police around here call them crimes of opportunity. Even if they did not have that feature they could of had a spare key made so they could lock the door with the motor running. I also never let the vehicle out of site except for when in the restroom.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Crowe wrote:
I take my Collies on long trips and sometimes I have to use the restroom. I get gas, food and use the restroom with the truck locked and running for the A/C. If I go into a sit down restaurant or grocery store I fire up the generator turn on A/C in the 5er or TT for the Collies both have built in Onan's.

Yeah - I can do that with my van, too (lock it while it's running) - I'm guessing the Promaster in question was a more basic model with manual locks? But anyone with the IQ of a turnip knows that a vehicle left running and doors unlocked, is an invitation that many people of questionable character can't refuse.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:

The van might be too tall for most drive-thrus. Ours is.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Has Carter “realized” his dogs and van have been found? Probably not.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Found them on CNN.
Dennis Hoppert

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I went to re-read the article, and an update said the van and dogs have been found, and the dogs are OK!!! YAY!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I went to re-read the article, and an update said the van and dogs have been found!!! YAY! (I think? - it didn't say any more than "found")
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"Carter said he left the van running and unlocked with the air conditioning on to keep the dogs cool, and now he realizes that must be what attracted the thieves."

NOW he realizes....
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
Note !! He said "...we ordered..." Why couldn't one of the 'we' have stayed with the dogs???????

JM2¢ ~~ YMMV