Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Has Photobucket released your photos held hostage last year?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Has Photobucket released your photos held hostage last year?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/18 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As all of us OLD computer(starting with mainframes) geeks have told everyone since day ONE. Keep all your stuff in your OWN pocket!!! Anything connected to the internet anywhere is accessable by anyone, anywhere, to use anyhow and anywhen they want to! Use a big thumb drive, or a stand_alone hard drive, on your own desk. I don't know much about what PB did, or why, but it doesn't make any difference. Putting all you stuff on an storage drive that you do not have any control over is just asking for it. But, if you feel safe, or good about doing that, go right ahead. If there wasn't a lot of money in having such cloud storage, it wouldn't be done. Just not MY money or stuff. If I want to share something, or share a picture here, then yes, I can sent a copy to cloud storage. But not without keeping the original in a protected place on my desk!

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 wife, 1 dog(?)

Bill S.

Delaware

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/18 08:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP, thanks for posting this. I did not cave to their ransom demands, and since my old pc hard drive died, I lost many of my original pics. I think I have them on some backup USB drive, but haven't sorted that all out yet.

So my question to any of you who have downloaded all your pics from PB back to your computer, is HOW do I do that. I am logged in to PB, and I can see them all. How do I download them?

Bill, (aka Capt.Bill)
2002 Horizon 36LD, Cat 330
RVing since 1987
First State

ROBERTSUNRUS

Salem, Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/18 11:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon] Hi, the only reason that I used Photo Bucket was to post pictures on this forum. And it was a pain to do. I stopped posting pictures on this forum before Photo Bucket wanted to charge money. I haven't been back. I have all of my pictures on my computer and posting pictures on all of the other forums is easy.

"> Bob ">
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

AllegroD

Outdare

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/18 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill S. wrote:

OP, thanks for posting this. I did not cave to their ransom demands, and since my old pc hard drive died, I lost many of my original pics. I think I have them on some backup USB drive, but haven't sorted that all out yet.

So my question to any of you who have downloaded all your pics from PB back to your computer, is HOW do I do that. I am logged in to PB, and I can see them all. How do I download them?

Try THIS.

Bill S.

Delaware

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 05:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AllegroD wrote:

Bill S. wrote:

Try THIS.

Unfortunately the option to Download does not show.
Under Actions, it shows only the following: Create Album, Upload Album, Edit settings, Order Prints, Print Canvas Decor, Create Photo Book.

So there is no option that I can find, that allows a download. Any further ideas?

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe you have to Create Albums before you can download them. I did it some time back but don't remember the exact steps, but that link looks like what I did. I think I just created one big album with all the photos in it. I had less than 50.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For posting here, I use a site called Postimage. One click uploading, one click to copy the pic's URL. Free. You don't need to log in or even create an account. It literally takes seconds to do it.

Clicky

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And still the easiest way to post photos on this forum...

RV.NET: Photo Upload & Post

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nothing was held hostage... access has not been denied. You are free to download your pics at any time.

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I too just used PB for posting to this forum. All my photos are on a external hard drive. I have several and now that 16 GB flash drives are under $5.00, I have half a dozen for trips. I also found out that I can put abunch of old vinyls on a 4GB frash drive, I'm getting rid of my music CDs too.

I'm thinking about putting all my posts here on a fd too. I was looking for an old post and found out how many posts I've made, I think I have too much time on my hands.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
95 Suzuki Sidekick 4X4
Stowmaster 5000

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Has Photobucket released your photos held hostage last year?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS