Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Has Photobucket released your photos held hostage last year?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Has Photobucket released your photos held hostage last year?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Bill S.

Delaware

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsteve wrote:

Nothing was held hostage... access has not been denied. You are free to download your pics at any time.

Well if that's true, then I need someone to walk me through it. There is no option to download; only upload to PB. All 272 pics are in "My photobucket"; no albums. I tried creating an album; PB Pics", and that much works. But once again, there is NO option to copy, move or transfer pics from the main "your photobucket" to another folder, or to download them to my computer.

If someone knows how this can be done, please tell me the details.

Bill, (aka Capt.Bill)
2002 Horizon 36LD, Cat 330
RVing since 1987
First State

myredracer

Langley B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsteve wrote:

Nothing was held hostage... access has not been denied. You are free to download your pics at any time.

Maybe onto your own computer? But PB blocked you from posting them on any other website/forum which is what many used to do here and elsewhere, hence their third party notification.

I've found numerous photos of mine by doing a google search and looking at them under "images". But if you try and copy the image address, PB blocked it.

I hate CAPTCHA. CAPTCHA sux. CAPTCHA is evil. CAPTCHA needs fixing.

Gil, Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS, Reese DC WDH
2009 F250 super duty, V10, 8' bed, Hawkshead TPMS

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

myredracer wrote:

drsteve wrote:

Maybe onto your own computer? But PB blocked you from posting them on any other website/forum which is what many used to do here and elsewhere, hence their third party notification.

I've found numerous photos of mine by doing a google search and looking at them under "images". But if you try and copy the image address, PB blocked it.

So they blocked others from using your images and that was a problem. [emoticon]

As far as charging I guess I am not surprised. Paying for server space and bandwidth is not free.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

myredracer wrote:

drsteve wrote:

So they blocked others from using your images and that was a problem. [emoticon]

As far as charging I guess I am not surprised. Paying for server space and bandwidth is not free.
Don't be specious, they knew that many people have used their site for photo hosting, and had lots of photos linked to many different sites. They counted on people not wanting to have to remove their photos and transfer them to another hosting site. But did they let people know in advance what was going to happen? No, they just shut down access. Pretty poor way to get more repeat business.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 08:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How to get your photos off of Photobucket.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Bill S.

Delaware

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/18 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsteve, as I said in a previous post about this link, it does not work; there is no option to download under the Actions. I had already tried this. Then someone suggested to create a sub-folder, which I did, called PB. I cannot find a way to move my pictures to that folder, so I uploaded two pictures from my computer, just to see if then it provided the download option. Even with 2 pictures in that sub, as you can see, no option to download. So aparantly, even if I could move all the pics in the main library to the sub-folder, there will be no option to download.

I am thinking that because I am not a paid subscriber to pb, they are not allowing me that option. If that's not it, what is?

[image]

[image]

* This post was edited 06/10/18 03:03pm by Bill S. *

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/18 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Delete

Bill S.

Delaware

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/18 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anyone here have an idea on why I don't have the 'Download' option under 'Actions' as you can see in my screen shots, previous post? Seems to be the only way to get photos back to my computer, and it doesn't give me the option. Anyone?

AsheGuy

Raleigh, North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/18 10:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill S. wrote:

Does anyone here have an idea on why I don't have the 'Download' option under 'Actions' as you can see in my screen shots, previous post? Seems to be the only way to get photos back to my computer, and it doesn't give me the option. Anyone?

I don't need my photos back from PB but I was curious and tried all the suggestions in this thread to see if I could download an album including creating new albums. No luck, the Download option never appears. But it does appear on individual photos and works just fine. Not a very good solution if you have a lot of photos but at least it works.

I've long since moved on from PB, to the RV.net add-on for posting on RV.net and to Google Photos for other needs.

David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Has Photobucket released your photos held hostage last year?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS