cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roadmaster RV tires

Fifty4F100
Explorer
Explorer
I hope this is the best place for this question.

I need new tires for our 2012 Allegro Breeze. The size is 265/70R/19.5. Can't find too many local dealers who can install that size.

One local shop has 4 Hankook AH11s and was supposed to have the other 2 delivered by yesterday. Today they still haven't arrived. Their price is $2570.

Another I just found (since I'm waiting on the 1st to call) can get 6 Roadmasters delivered (so they tell me) in a day. Price $1662.

The almost $1K tells me a lot, but they both are probably foreign made.

Does anyone have any experience with either?
Glenn in TN
2008 Ford F150 King Ranch
2012 Allegro Breeze BR32
2017 Mini Cooper (future toad)
12 REPLIES 12

RDG
Explorer
Explorer
phnguyk wrote:
Go with the Cooper Roadmasters, they're great tires, close to 6K on ours.

X2. 5 years and 15,000 miles and no issues.
2001 Forest River Georgetown 346S Motorhome

Fifty4F100
Explorer
Explorer
Update:

I went with the Hankook tires. But with a caveat. Turns out 2 of the tires they had delivered had late last year build dates. 4 more they were waiting on had 2015 build dates. The store manager called around several distributors and found all of the remain tires in their system had 2015 or so build dates. Instead of waiting for more to come in, I let him discount the 4 older tires and install those on the rear. The tires were made in Korea. Turns out the AH11's were discontinued last year and a new model is coming out if it hasn't yet. I think he called it an AH35.

I had trouble getting in touch with other tire shop. Since I hadn't dealt with them before, I decided against the Roadmasters. Maybe its a mistake, but I had to make the decision. We have a couple of trips planned this month.
Glenn in TN
2012 Allegro Breeze BR32

phnguyk
Explorer
Explorer
Go with the Cooper Roadmasters, they're great tires, close to 6K on ours.

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
moisheh wrote:
Hankook is a first line tire. OEM on may over the road trucks. They are not Chinese tires. I bet the Roadmaster are low ball Chinese. Spend the money!

Moisheh

Roadmaster tires are made by Cooper Tire.
Main office in Ohio. Manufacturing facilityโ€™s in Arkansas and Mississippi.

Fifty4F100
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
Hankook is a first line tire. OEM on may over the road trucks. They are not Chinese tires. I bet the Roadmaster are low ball Chinese. Spend the money!

Moisheh
Its not only spend the money, its wait for the first dealer to get tires he said last week would be in 2 days ago. Now I can only imagine they will be this years build date.
Glenn in TN
2012 Allegro Breeze BR32

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œI bet the Roadmaster are low ball Chinese.โ€

So now weโ€™re โ€œbettingโ€ that a particular tire is Chinese and โ€œlow ball.โ€ Donโ€™t need no facts cuzz we is betting!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer

Moisheh

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
About issues of international trade?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Fifty4F100
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:
The roadmaster RM170 265/70/19,5 is list as local deliver only. I have run cooper since 2005 and love them. But this tire is list as local use, Think you need to call Cooper and ask.
You think they would be honest?
Glenn in TN
2012 Allegro Breeze BR32

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
The roadmaster RM170 265/70/19,5 is list as local deliver only. I have run cooper since 2005 and love them. But this tire is list as local use, Think you need to call Cooper and ask.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Hankook makes an excellent tire. I removed the Michelin tires on our 96 Southwind and replaced them with Hankook (19.5).
I also have Hankook on our Suburban.

I can't help you with the Roadmaster tires. The price is tempting.
Hopefully someone has experience with Roadmaster.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
So one is a high quality foreign tire and one is a low quality foreign tire. Because itโ€™s made overseas doesnโ€™t mean itโ€™s low quality. We...USA...would be in a whole bunch of trouble without foreign trade.