Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: I Wonder Why my Yahoo Start Pages are in Romanian?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> I Wonder Why my Yahoo Start Pages are in Romanian?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
mr. ed

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/18 11:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

It's possible you accidentally switched the settings?
Do you use a VPN? If it got routed thru a Romanian IP address, it will often try to jump to the local version of the page. It's not a yahoo thing, google and other pages will do the same.
Wouldn't hurt to run a virus scan then change the password. There is a chance you were hacked.

A quick check: We travel a lot and it's annoying to get the local page so we changed the book mark to "US.yahoo.com" That will force you to the us version. If it's still in Romanian, it's a setting issue.

I thought of that too, but my VPN never connects to Europe. It's either US or Canada. I appreciate the suggestion to change the bookmark to US Yahoo. Never considered that.

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/18 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mr. ed wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

It's possible you accidentally switched the settings?
Do you use a VPN? If it got routed thru a Romanian IP address, it will often try to jump to the local version of the page. It's not a yahoo thing, google and other pages will do the same.
Wouldn't hurt to run a virus scan then change the password. There is a chance you were hacked.

A quick check: We travel a lot and it's annoying to get the local page so we changed the book mark to "US.yahoo.com" That will force you to the us version. If it's still in Romanian, it's a setting issue.

I thought of that too, but my VPN never connects to Europe. It's either US or Canada. I appreciate the suggestion to change the bookmark to US Yahoo. Never considered that.

It's possible you VPN service had a glitch and temporarily flipped you over to a different country then back but the setting got stuck.

One thing adding the "us." works for Yahoo but different sites use different URLs to do this, so don't count on it for every site.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> I Wonder Why my Yahoo Start Pages are in Romanian?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS