Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Best route from Littleton, NH to Medway, ME
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Best route from Littleton, NH to Medway, ME

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
ekirkland

Auburn, AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/18 10:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is the best route from Littleton, NH to Medway, ME? We'll be pulling a 30' TT. US2 to I-95 looks to be the most direct but US2 looks to have a lot of curves.

Eddie & Liz
Auburn, AL
=====================
2015 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
2014 Ford F150 Ecoboost w/MaxTow & HD Payload
Nights camped in 2017 - 53

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/18 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

US 2 is a fine road and has pretty scenery. It's perhaps curvy compared to, say, most any road in Nebraska or North Dakota, but it's not at all unsuitable for RVs or semi trucks or other large vehicles. It is of the more important truck routes through the area.

That is the route I would take, maybe even to the exclusion of I-95 if I had the time. Indeed, I drove over a portion of it just last weekend (in my car) returning home to Vermont from Lewiston, ME.

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/18 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DrewE wrote:

US 2 is a fine road and has pretty scenery. It's perhaps curvy compared to, say, most any road in Nebraska or North Dakota, but it's not at all unsuitable for RVs or semi trucks or other large vehicles. It is of the more important truck routes through the area.

That is the route I would take, maybe even to the exclusion of I-95 if I had the time. Indeed, I drove over a portion of it just last weekend (in my car) returning home to Vermont from Lewiston, ME.
X-2, prepping for our 1st time going from Bar Harbor to Bethlehem NH, I stressed over using Rt 2, but on advise of members on here, we went that way, only to find out that All the stress was for naught, not an interstate, but a great US Rt, don't worry about the curves, they're not switchbacks. enjoy the trip.

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

ekirkland

Auburn, AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/18 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Best route from Littleton, NH to Medway, ME
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS