Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Verizon over 55 unlimited data special Florida only
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Verizon over 55 unlimited data special Florida only

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
austinjenna

Columbus, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/18 05:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last time this came up I told me sister about it who lives in florida, she called and they changed her to this plan and is now unlimited and saved some money as well.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

djsamuel

Central Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/18 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ductape wrote:

I can't find it on their website, anyone got a link? What's all the fine print that limits the "unlimited" have to say? For that price I might switch.

Verizon 55 Plus

My wife and I have had it a few months. Great at $40 a line.

Picture of Our Trailer

Camplite 21BHS

Ductape

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/18 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did some more research on this because it's of interest to us. Presently we're on Cricket (ATT). The coverage is good, and Canada is covered, which is essential for us. What we've been seeing with Cricket though, is slowdowns and it appears that we're being slowed down when the network is busy. Looking at the Cricket plans, it appears as if VZ and ATT have the same stategy; there's unlimited (but low priority) plans, and there are "unlimited plus" or "beyondunlimited" (VZ) where you pay even more to avoid being slowed when the network is busy.

Reading the fine print on VZ the Beyondunlimited plan is only subject to congestion management after 22 GB, while the Gounlimited plan offered to seniors is subject to congestion management all the time. Additionally the Gounlimited plan is limited to 600Kbps on mobile hotspot use. Roaming in MX or CA is $5 per day on the Go plan; included in the Beyond plan.

At this time we'll stay with T. I would like to get away from congestion management and being a second priority customer, and the Beyond plan at VZ is $160 for two lines. Plus taxes and fees.

On Cricket we can go to the Unlimited Max which is 22G before congestion management and that's $100 for two lines. The biggest downside with Cricket is the hard cap on hotspot speeds after 10G, which is 128k. That's the same as no service at all for most uses. But I can afford some extra gigs on occasion with the net difference of around $80 per month taking taxes into account (Cricket prices are after tax, VZ prices are pre-tax).

For those who want the Verizon coverage, and don't have concerns about limited bandwidth, the Verizon offer is a good one IMO.

49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/18 10:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We don't get coverage on the beach with T Mobile with our smartphones, but my daughter has a flip phone and it works fine at the beach. A nice lady Uber'ed us up to Newport from Florence, and said use the flip phone to text cause it will work and the smart phones won't. Sure enough, I tried with the smartphones no go, the flip phone went right through. The reason she explained was that the system was originally set up for flip phones and only need a single tower, while a smartphone requires 2 towers. My daughter uses Ting at 5 bucks per month plus per minute use. The bill is usually 8 bucks a month cause she makes no calls really. The point is you could get on a very inexpensive smartphone plan and add a Flip phone for next to nothing for those low coverage area's and still save compared to higher cost plans. Just a thought.

Retired Anesthetist. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS .Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey. Thorp T18, tons of tools and tons of junk.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Verizon over 55 unlimited data special Florida only
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS