Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: existing customers not valued
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> existing customers not valued

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
DutchmenSport

Between Anderson, Pendleton, & Lapel, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/18 01:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

classic 31 wrote:

...you leave and three more join .

My father-in-law (gone now) was an avid fisherman. A few years ago he told me something about fish I never knew as we were catching fish and tossing them back into the lake. I made the comment, something like, I guess we'll just catch them again now!

He told me, "No we won't. Not for at least 24 hours." He said, once a fish get's hooked and is released, they don't bite at anything for at least 24 hours. There's something traumatic to the fish that keeps them from wanting food and attempting to eat for those hours.

So you know, like those fish who were on the hook once, they know better than to bite again. But that doesn't stop all other fish from going after fresh bait!

DutchmenSport

2013 Outback 298RE
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually
1400 / 14000 Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution
2 Dachshunds, 1 cat, 2 old folks and lots of love!

TyroneandGladys

Chandler AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/18 01:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

Your post won't change anything. This topic has been beaten to death. Seems the price difference between existing members and new members comes up ever couple months on these forums. As long as it's been discussed, nothing has changed yet. As with your cell phone / I-phone data plan, cable or satellite television provider, even bank cards with low interest rates the first year or so ... it's the "bait" to hook new customers. Once on the line, they real 'em in. That's exactly why we never renewed with DirectTV, DishTV, Huges.Net, and a few phone plans in the past that started getting real dicey in price after a while.

GSRA is no difference. They are tossing the bait out there, and as long as they keep getting bites, they'll continue. You won't win this one.

Ah yes my annual 45 minutes on the phone to get them to issue credits to bring the price back down where it should be.

Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

TyroneandGladys

Chandler AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/18 03:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Up date from Good Sam Care Team:
Since they have given me a discount three times in ten years I will not get another discount.
My current membership is good through the end of the month and then it is hello Allstate Roadside who is cheaper.

kerrlakeRoo

Va

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/18 04:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For years, (decades actually) I would about every third year call around, usually Geico, Progressive, State Farm, Farmers, and usually Progressive or Geico would offer a great price on my car insurance, And each year it went up, such that by year three it was high enough to start the process again. I don't anymore, USAA is staying the better deal, but it's a dance otherwise.
Check your other options and start your own semi annual dance. I will be again soon since USAA doesnt do fulltimers insurance.

Lwiddis

El Pueblo Señora la Reina de los Ángeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/18 06:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are a troublemaker, Scott!

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

Artum Snowbird

Campbell River, B.C., Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/18 06:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I rejoined after going to CAA for a few years. They gave me the same number as I had before and said I was not a new customer. I signed up for a good deal for five years. Good to go now and don't have to play games every year.

Mike and Carole
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers

classic 31

Cape Cod

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/18 06:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Definitely not the same Good Sam it used to be. I guess nothing stays the same.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/18 07:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> existing customers not valued
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS