Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: need cheap rv storage option in culpeper, va
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> need cheap rv storage option in culpeper, va

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
npe1jar

Atlanta

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/18 06:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1984 chevy executive (p30) 30 ft long, under 10 ft high.
currently sitting in the culpeper walmart parking not. spoke to the manager and he said it was cool, but that was hours ago. rv missing windshield, battery. just purchased and needing to make it to atlanta. looking to see which companies are most affordable. any suggestions would be appreciated.
updating the original post to be more in line w the guidelines. please also advise of places that will come get rv for donation.
need to store or figuring local tow would be much more affordable than tow to atlanta.

* This post was last edited 06/09/18 12:31pm by npe1jar *   View edit history

Lwiddis

Plaskett Creek USFS - CA Central Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/18 06:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just purchased and needing windshield, battery and a 600 mile tow? Interesting. Are all tires good? Tags, registration, plates all up to date? Insurance?

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/18 07:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

npe1jar wrote:

1984 chevy executive (p30) 30 ft long, under 10 ft high.
currently sitting in the culpeper walmart parking not. spoke to the manager and he said it was cool, but that was hours ago. rv missing windshield, battery. just purchased and needing to make it to atlanta. looking to see which companies are most affordable. any suggestions would be appreciated.

How did that scenario ever come to be? You drove it there without a windshield or battery? Got vandalized? Do you have insurance? Sorry, very confused.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/18 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

He's trying to sell it in another thread.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/18 08:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

He's posted like this before - bought an RV but can't get it to Florida (yet his profile says he's in San Diego) and is trying to sell/trade/gift it.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Dale.Traveling

Newport News, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 05:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A tow from Culpeper VA to Atlanta GA may cost more than the coach might be worth. One way miles to Atlanta is 500 plus and over eight road hours away. The operator could demand round trip cost to include overnight accommodations in Atlanta due to CDL road time limits for the driver.

Buying older rigs that might not be road worthy then using the Scarlett O'hara survival plan (rely on the kindness of strangers) to get it to your project home based isn't going to work out well long or short term.

2006 Hurricane 31D aka 'Moby' the Whale
FCC(SW) US Navy Retired 1980-2003
Stella my Navigator
Bogart the All American RV Dog
and
Cocoui and Hanna waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 05:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dale.Traveling wrote:

A tow from Culpeper VA to Atlanta GA may cost more than the coach might be worth.

One way miles to Atlanta is 500 plus and over eight road hours away. The operator could demand round trip cost to include overnight accommodations in Atlanta due to CDL road time limits for the driver.

That’s an understatement. A typical heavy tow of 500 miles would be about $7 / mile or $3,500.

You *might* find someone with a lowboy trailer that would do it for a little less, but not much. They know what the alternative costs and aren’t going to leave much change on the table.

mike brez

milford ct

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 06:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like a good episode for Shipping Wars

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods

npe1jar

Atlanta

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1. the shipping quote was $6800
2. not trying to sell it on another thread. trying to trade it for classC (read carefully)
3. anybody on here can have it if they want; walmart will be towing it soon anyway
4. I didn't drive it there. I got it at auction dirt cheap ($235 after fees) and figured I could use it for my non-profit so I drove up to look to tow it back. I saw the photos but didn't realize towing would be so expensive. My tow from Tampa (with the other one) was only $1100.

I realize this may seem to you all to be a scam. Ask away with your questions, doubts, and jeers. Still: if anyone is near the Culpeper Walmart, PM me. I'll let you know where I hid the keys and the title. Thanks in advance, good people.

npe1jar

Atlanta

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My location is listed as San Diego, but it should actually say Atlanta. Please someone let me know how I can modify this. Clicking on "edit profile" does not give the option to change. I've asked the admins as well. Thanks!

* This post was edited 06/09/18 12:29pm by npe1jar *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> need cheap rv storage option in culpeper, va
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS