Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: weBoost Drive 4G-X RV Cell Booster Test, Review & Install
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> weBoost Drive 4G-X RV Cell Booster Test, Review & Install

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
FirstTracks

Salt Lake City, UT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're now finally on the road full-time (!) but last week as we were preparing to depart, we finally sucked it up and dropped $500 on a weBoost cell phone signal booster for the RV. We decided to video the whole process, from unboxing to thoroughly testing the unit to see precisely how much it improved our signal, and finally through our entire installation process. If you're interested, check it out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRMMyiu1WIg

If you're considering a booster, feel free to hit me up with any questions, and I'll do my best to help out.

Grand Adventure: YouTube.com/GrandAdventure | GrandAdventure.tv
Cottonwood Heights, UT
2016 Evo by Forest River T2050
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4WD 4.0 V6 MT
Days camped: 2017 - 66 |2018 - 6 (so far!)

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 09:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for taking the time to do the video.

Regards, Don
Full Time in a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

jcpainter

Crossville, TN

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One thing for everyone to keep in mind is that the booster can do wonderful things or it can actually degrade the signal, depending on how strong the signal is where you are located. It is MUCH more effective in a poor signal area.

We're visiting the National parks where cellular signals are often poor. There have been times when using the booster was the only thing that allowed us to have internet access and there were times when a simple MiMo antenna setup significantly outperformed the booster. And there were times when a non boosted signal (either by MiMo antenna or cellular booster) performed best.

Definitely, trial and error at each location, with each carrier.

FirstTracks

Salt Lake City, UT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jcpainter wrote:

One thing for everyone to keep in mind is that the booster can do wonderful things or it can actually degrade the signal, depending on how strong the signal is where you are located. It is MUCH more effective in a poor signal area.

We're visiting the National parks where cellular signals are often poor. There have been times when using the booster was the only thing that allowed us to have internet access and there were times when a simple MiMo antenna setup significantly outperformed the booster. And there were times when a non boosted signal (either by MiMo antenna or cellular booster) performed best.

Definitely, trial and error at each location, with each carrier.

Excellent advice.

htwheelz67

orange county

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/18 12:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did one in my toyhauler, but I bought the 4g home system (refurbished) for 249.00 and if you need a 12v adapter they are about 25 bucks, it is 60db so you have to watch the distance between inside and outside antennas but it made a major difference, went from 1 bar outside to 4-5 bars inside on my verizon, att had almost no signal outside inside went to 4 bars worked great with the att mobley which didn;t work without it to stream tv on my firestick.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> weBoost Drive 4G-X RV Cell Booster Test, Review & Install
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS