cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weBoost Drive 4G-X RV Cell Booster Test, Review & Install

FirstTracks
Explorer
Explorer
We're now finally on the road full-time (!) but last week as we were preparing to depart, we finally sucked it up and dropped $500 on a weBoost cell phone signal booster for the RV. We decided to video the whole process, from unboxing to thoroughly testing the unit to see precisely how much it improved our signal, and finally through our entire installation process. If you're interested, check it out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRMMyiu1WIg

If you're considering a booster, feel free to hit me up with any questions, and I'll do my best to help out.
Grand Adventure: YouTube.com/GrandAdventure | GrandAdventure.tv
Cottonwood Heights, UT
2016 Evo by Forest River T2050
2014 Toyota Tacoma SR 5.7L V8
Days camped: 2017 - 66 |2018 - 136
6 REPLIES 6

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer

Link to above

On the new unit linked above, it's still the same 50dB as the $499 unit. It just has an indoor antenna that may cover the inside of the rv better.

But, $189 more for a better indoor antenna is pretty costly to me.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

Irwin_Hays
Explorer
Explorer
For those that don;t have it yest, there's a new one out from same company which is even more powerful. It is called Weboost Reach RV:

https://www.signalbooster.com/products/weboost-drive-reach-rv-cell-phone-signal-booster-usa

htwheelz67
Explorer
Explorer
I did one in my toyhauler, but I bought the 4g home system (refurbished) for 249.00 and if you need a 12v adapter they are about 25 bucks, it is 60db so you have to watch the distance between inside and outside antennas but it made a major difference, went from 1 bar outside to 4-5 bars inside on my verizon, att had almost no signal outside inside went to 4 bars worked great with the att mobley which didn;t work without it to stream tv on my firestick.

FirstTracks
Explorer
Explorer
jcpainter wrote:
One thing for everyone to keep in mind is that the booster can do wonderful things or it can actually degrade the signal, depending on how strong the signal is where you are located. It is MUCH more effective in a poor signal area.

We're visiting the National parks where cellular signals are often poor. There have been times when using the booster was the only thing that allowed us to have internet access and there were times when a simple MiMo antenna setup significantly outperformed the booster. And there were times when a non boosted signal (either by MiMo antenna or cellular booster) performed best.

Definitely, trial and error at each location, with each carrier.

Excellent advice.
Grand Adventure: YouTube.com/GrandAdventure | GrandAdventure.tv
Cottonwood Heights, UT
2016 Evo by Forest River T2050
2014 Toyota Tacoma SR 5.7L V8
Days camped: 2017 - 66 |2018 - 136

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
One thing for everyone to keep in mind is that the booster can do wonderful things or it can actually degrade the signal, depending on how strong the signal is where you are located. It is MUCH more effective in a poor signal area.

We're visiting the National parks where cellular signals are often poor. There have been times when using the booster was the only thing that allowed us to have internet access and there were times when a simple MiMo antenna setup significantly outperformed the booster. And there were times when a non boosted signal (either by MiMo antenna or cellular booster) performed best.

Definitely, trial and error at each location, with each carrier.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Thanks for taking the time to do the video.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.