Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Whats the current best VENT FAN?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Whats the current best VENT FAN?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Next
wopachop

lb

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 08:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tell me there is some unknown company who makes decent quality fans!?!? My buddy has a fantastic fan that is 1 year old and hes having to modify it just to work again. After the 1st motor died.

I see the maxxair lineup. The price makes me want to build my own. Which i did. A window unit pulling air through a home AC filter. Was cheap to make and works good. Just too loud utilizing a cheap radiator fan.

Has anyone found cheap and quiet 4" blowers? Thought about using those to blow through a filter and get nice clean cool air into the RV.

Lwiddis

Cambria, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 09:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your buddy has had some bad luck. My current fan is a Fantastic going on three years without an issue. Friends with Maxxair same thing.

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 09:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My fantastic fan ran great for 25 years - when I had a problem I made a phone call and they sent me a new one - no questions asked. You would be hard pressed to get me to say anything bad about that company.

Kevin

wopachop

lb

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 09:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thats a great report for sure!

How would you compare your 25 year old fan to your current model? In terms of noise, air flow, overall construction if you have an eye for it.

Gottahaveit

Stockton CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/18 11:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wopachop wrote:

How would you compare your 25 year old fan to your current model? In terms of noise, air flow, overall construction if you have an eye for it.

Sounds like someone fishing for business aka troll..

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/18 03:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gottahaveit wrote:

wopachop wrote:

Sounds like someone fishing for business aka troll..

Yes, it does.....lol

The new FF's and the old FF's are 2 different animals. The new ones seem to be failure prone, motor poops out (I have one, I'm on my 3rd motor) and while the company used to replace them no charge, since they were sold out to Lippert that has probably changed.

...and the motors are a PITA to change too.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

westend

Shorewood, MN

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/18 03:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Has anyone found cheap and quiet 4" blowers? Thought about using those to blow through a filter and get nice clean cool air into the RV.
Computer fans in 90mm or 120mm are quiet and reliable. A sqirrel cage blower of the same size will deliver a lot more air but will be noisier.

'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/18 03:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wopachop wrote:

Why bother building anything when twin fan, reversible, multi speed window fans are readily available? My own Coachmen doesn't have a vent over the main cabin so I hang this twin fan in front of the street side bedroom window and it works just as well as a vent fan for bringing in fresh air or venting out hot air from the camper's interior.

[image]

2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS * 2003 Fleetwood Yuma
2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX * 2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH
2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe * 1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

atreis

IN

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/18 06:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Older Fantastik Fans - the ones with the US-made black can motors, not the newer ones with the flat pancake type motor. Both work equally well at moving air, but the old ones were much more pleasant on the ears and more reliable.

I had a new one put in my current trailer, and ended up swapping it with the old one in my old trailer before selling the old trailer.

2016 AmeriLite SuperLite 198BH
2008 Toyota Sienna
Hensley Cub

Ozlander

Rose Hill, Kansas

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/18 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"since they were sold out to Lippert that has probably changed."

Great company, they can screw up anything.

Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Whats the current best VENT FAN?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS