cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

where to buy a replacement mattress

peterman1
Explorer
Explorer
hello im looking at replacing the rv queen short mattress in my class a. anyone have any ideas where i could order one online. i live in the houston tx area
15 REPLIES 15

peterman1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the suggestions

Monkeyman_and_L
Explorer
Explorer
IKEA
Monkeyman, Lady and little chimp
2018 Newmar Baystar 3414
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid TOAD

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
I bought mine on ebay. med firm 10 inch memory foam just less than 300. sometimes you can fit a reg queen in them but you can get either.
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

BillinPSL
Explorer
Explorer
We bought Spa Sensations memory foam mattresses from Walmart online based on a previous recommendation from this site and the tons of positive reviews. I left the one on our "queen size" at full length which was probably 6" longer than OEM mattress, and on the bunk which has a diagonal cut I used an electric carving knife and made it so easy.

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
I could never rationalize buying something as important as a mattress without first laying on it. Thatโ€™s why, when we needed an RV King mattress for our fiver, I went to a mattress factory store, tried out their various lines on the showroom floor, then chose a foam mattress which the made to fit our fiver.
Why not call Golden Mattress Company in Houston and see if theyโ€™ll make a mattress to your size, then go down and lay around their showroom?
http://goldenmattress.net/about_us
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
I bought one of these & love it.
https://www.mattressinsider.com/luxury-rv-mattress-memory-foam.html
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

happy2rv
Explorer
Explorer
We bought an RV queen sized memory foam mattress years ago for our motorhome from bedinabox.com and got a good deal at the time. More recently though they have been pricey.

Our most recent purchase for our travel trailer was a full queen from walmart.com.

We kept the motorhome for a couple of years after replacing the mattress and had no complaints. We've had the travel trailer for about 10 months and have had no complaints with the mattress we put in it either.

We replaced the "RV queen" in the travel trailer with a standard queen. I pulled the plywood section out and used it as a template to cut a longer plywood piece. The only issue, and this would have been an issue even if we hadn't changed sizes, is that the memory foam is much heavier than the thing they tried to call a mattress the manufacturer shipped the trailer with. This means the gas struts aren't strong enough to hold up the plywood to access the under bed storage. We could replace the struts with stronger ones and may at some point but for now I cut a length of 1x2 to support it.
2018 Forrest River Salem Hemisphere 282RK - 2017 RAM 1500 TV

Previous RVs and TOADS
2004 Fleetwood Bounder 32W on WH W20
2000 Four Winds 5000 21RB
1986 27' Allegro
TOADS
2005 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
2004 Suzuki Aerio
1988 Chevrolet Sprint

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
At least check out www.verlo.com.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Regular mattress stores have RV queen size.

hilldude
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a memory foam from local store cut it off with a bread knife,put a mattress cover on it.

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
Got ours from Amazon. Was just a tad bigger than the original one but fit fine.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
I acquired a very nice foam mattress from Amazon.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Look in the yellow pages ...
Those still exist?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of mattress are you looking for ? We did a lot of research on line for a memory gel foam type mattress and there are hundreds of them in all price ranges and sizes , including short queens, ours is a regular queen, but it is hard to rely on the reviews since everyone has a different take or feel or need for a mattress. We ended up buying a memory foam firm mattress from a local chain because we could actually go to the store and check out how it felt , the brand we purchased has three firmness models to pick and there was a difrence in each one we tried fwhere many of the others are a guess as to how firm or soft they will actually be . The memory foams styles come compressed and are easier to maneuver around a rv . Buying from actual brick store didnโ€™t change the delivery process at all since it is still shipped to the house in its box , compressed . the one we ended up with weights 75 lbs so not to bad to move around before letting it expand. There are companyโ€™s on line that will custom make a mattress for you . One of them is mattressinsider
Mike
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's