cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arctic Fox light bulbs

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to replace the hockey puck light bulbs in ceiling of my 2010 arctic fox 990 with LED bulbs having trouble finding the correct led bulbs. Does anybody know the correct bulbs to get
Thanks
Dennis
11 REPLIES 11

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
tapped wrong key
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
dennych1, not everyone is aware that LEDs are not inherently dimmable. There are some electricians and architects that don't know either. Our daughter was showing the DW and me their newly remodeled master bathroom suite, when she tried to dim the lights in the closet and the bedroom they all flickered on lest than full power.

The led light fixture I incorporated in our cabinets are now flickering and it is due to the three way touch pad switch I installed after the original burned out is not of very good quality. Bought a direct replacement for the original switch and no flicker.

Yes they are all 12vdc with regulated power supplies.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

toddb
Explorer
Explorer

4 4w lights

davemhughes
Explorer
Explorer
I changed all of mine and here is what I ordered off Amazon. It all works

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XKTQXXP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0739RCR3J/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0742YVTMD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2018 Ram 3500 4WD Diesel Aisin
2001.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Diesel, 4x4 6sp, Warn 12k winch,
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 diesel
Lund 1825 Explorer
2012 AF 1140
Gooseneck truck camper to ride my KTM Dirt bikes out WEST.
" Always drink upstream from the herd"

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info I will look to order them

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
HadEnough wrote:

Are these working with the factory dimmer switch???

Yep, flawless operation since the fall of 2009
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

toddb
Explorer
Explorer
Ours had LEDs like that but they weren't very bright. I installed https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MR7K91R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. They are very bright, the factory dimmer flickered very badly with either style of LED so I put a PWM in. My only neg on the lights is the holes were not there like depicted, I had to drill them.

I also put 3W lights like that as under cabinet lighting and they work fantastic.

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
dennych1 wrote:
Does anybody know the correct bulbs to get
Thanks
Dennis

Yep

These: G4-18 LED

I have a 2010 AF as well and have been running these same lights since I bought the camper in November of 2009.

Not one has ever failed.

Are these working with the factory dimmer switch???

Very interested in this upgrade myself

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
dennych1 wrote:
Does anybody know the correct bulbs to get
Thanks
Dennis

Yep

These: G4-18 LED

I have a 2010 AF as well and have been running these same lights since I bought the camper in November of 2009.

Not one has ever failed.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
While I don't have that info handy, take care to fully investigate the entire system.

Those are halogen lights currently on a dimmer. LED lights will likely not work with the installed dinner. The whole system needs to be replaced, not just bulbs if you want dimming to work still.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
It's sometimes better to just toss the fixtures and get new double light multiple LED fixtures for around $10 a piece. The LED's are not replaceable, but supposed to outlast the trailer, they are very low profile, and produce a lovely warm light if you watch the color number and do some research.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel