Explorer
Explorer
I like the size,,,but would like it to be 20k cheaper ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Winnebago Sunstar 26HE
17 REPLIES 17

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
As suggested get a NADA value, for the So Cal areas the low sale price is $51005 the average is $61458. In my area $51000 is prabably law average but towbar, satellite system and warranty should be included at that price.

Good luck thought.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE AD.

Emphasizing what others have stated....Be aware that the Chevy 4500 chassis is rated less than the Ford E450 chassis with regards to the weight-rating on the axles. And a Chevy 3500 chassis is even less. Find out which chassis it has. With 3 slide-outs, that rig seems to have potential for being over-loaded. It would be worth looking at that before making an offer. Maybe it's okay and you are good to go. But don't blindly buy it without first checking. You don't want to learn of such bad news after you are the owner. You may do fine as a couple, but a family with kids and all the "more" that comes with a family, you will be adding a lot of extra weight.

DRTDEVL
Explorer
Explorer
That price is sky high... Its 4 model years old. $53,000? He actually wants an additional $5000 to transfer the warranty? HA!

Tell him you'll pay the asking price, but only if it includes the toad and warranty. That's the only way this deal is even close to equitable. A quick google search showed the asking sale price for this same 2018 model at $74,990 at a dealer in Florida (the new ones are on an E450 chassis). That means it could probably leave the dealer for about $65k +TTL
Resurrecting an inherited 1980 Minnie Winnie 20RG from the dead after sitting since 1998..

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
luberhill wrote:
https://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/rvs/d/2015-forest-river-forester/6612061871.html

Opps sorry

If youโ€™re on Facebook checkout the page "RV Pricing and Values". David can help you with pricing. Be sure and read the Pinned Post first.
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
garyemunson wrote:
X2 on the Chevy chassis. The Fords leave very little room for the front passenger's feet. Compare them both and you'll go Chevy.

The real difference between the two is comfort and driveability that the Chevy Chassis has over the Ford.

I found that one built on a Chevy Chassis, was so much better than the ones built on a Ford Chassis.
Here is what I found.

Length The Chevy is 9 inches longer.

But the real story is the interior.

The area from the Dog House to the kick panel,the floor board where your feet are.

The Chevy is 18 inches wide and mostly flat on both sides.

The Ford is 15 inches wide but has a 2 inch rise that is 5 inches wide leaving only 10 inches of flat floor,passenger side is even smaller.

With the seat pushed back as far as it goes on both the Ford And Chevy. Both having Stock Factory seats
I found.
Foot well depth to front of seat. Chevy 31 inches Ford 27 inches

Seat back to steering wheel. Chevy 26 inches Ford 23 inches

Front of seat to Dash. Chevy 29 inches Ford 23 inches 6" More leg room!

Dog House width,measured at dash Chevy 15 inches Ford 23 inches 4 inches less knee room for passenger and driver.

Dog House depth into cab from dash Chevy 8 inches Ford 11 inches

For long time driving comfort the Chevy has a better cockpit,smoother ride and is quieter.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
This rig might have been financed for a long time with little down, leaving the owner with more debt than value, trying to recover what s/he needs to get out of it. Upside Down in other words.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Typical CL, price is sky high. Offer them 10 less to start with.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the Chevy chassis. The Fords leave very little room for the front passenger's feet. Compare them both and you'll go Chevy.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
The Forest River Forester and its slightly downscale sibling Sunseeker have drawn a strong following. Many like the Chevy chassis. Check weight as pauldb says above. I think that if it's the 4500 chassis, it won't be overloaded. How much it can carry on trips needs to be checked. There may be an "as shipped" weight on the vehicle sticker, but I'd really like to know the actual Front and Rear scale weights.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
With three slides, it might have zero load capacity. You need to find out how much it weighs full of gas and water.

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
id like something 29ft or less for just wife and I for a "starter " motorhome..man there is NOT much around unless its beat to death or priced as much as new...
Lots of bigger ones but not this size

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
https://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/rvs/d/2015-forest-river-forester/6612061871.html

Opps sorry

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
OP you did not give any details. But I am buying used tomorrow and I never saw anything $20k cheaper. Even with many more miles on it with the floor plan I wanted.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

Germania
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like you forgot to post picture and rig specifics