Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Camping Etiquette
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping Etiquette

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Next
RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/18 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dear inconsiderate Campers, Please take note of this thread. If any of this sounds like you, please listen.

We just returned home after a long weekend camping trip at the Indian Creek RV Resort in Geneva On The Lake, Ohio. It's a very nice private campground with several full hookup, pull through sites. Mostly seasonal campers but there are many sites available for us weekend warriors. It's a pet friendly park and I would guess 75% of the weekend campers had dogs. All of them we encountered were very friendly and well behaved. Very little barking when they were outside and none of them were aggressive but there were some issues. Keep in mind that I like Dogs so this isn't a dog hating complaint, but please understand that I don't want to listen to your dogs bark for several hours because you decided to go out drinking and left your dog cooped up inside your camper. I also don't want to have to pick up your dog's business because in the morning, you let them out unleashed and they wandered off to our site to do that while I was sitting quietly enjoying a cup of coffee at my picnic table.

Another issue I want to address is when a campground's rules lists a quiet time of 11pm, that means 11pm. It doesn't mean that because you've been drinking since Noon, that those rules don't apply to you. Not everyone in the campground wants to hear you whoop it up because your favorite song started playing. I'm pretty sure everyone understands that it's a song you like because if it wasn't you wouldn't be playing it. Understand also that not everyone in the campground listens to the type of music you enjoy, at a decibel level that can be heard 10 miles away. Especially not at 2AM!

So please understand that I like to have fun as much as the next camper. I enjoy drinking beer, playing music, laughing, carrying on etc. But I do it within the rules of the campground I'm at and do my best not to impose my idea of fun on the campers next to and around me. I'm asking for a little consideration and to understand that when you paid money to spend a few nights at a campground, so did everyone else. You did not receive the right to do whatever you want because you've had a bad week at work or are under a lot of stress and you need to unwind. Be considerate of others. If that's not possible, please consider holding your party out in the woods where no one will care or be able to hear you rather than at a family friendly campground. Thank you.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/18 07:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Feel better now? [emoticon]

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/18 07:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Like"

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2018 Silver Fox 32A - many mods to come!
H0NDA eu2000i

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/18 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I feel your pain. But your post needs to be directed at the CG management. If they are not enforcing their own rules, the place will turn into a free for all.
Sounds like enough campers are not complaining or your fellow campers like it that way.

07Duramax w/hips,12Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,K-Bee exhaust brake,RV safepower
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
Arvika rack,BakFlip,RVLock
5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,keyless RV Lock
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

rightlaneonly

CA..

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/18 08:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Couldn't agree more but I think your complaint falls on deaf ears. This is the me generation and its all about them. Things have changed a lot since I started camping 60 years ago and its fast becoming more of an unpleasant experience every season.
What with the introduction of generators, boom boxes, outdoor entertainment centers and big outdoor screen TV's it just doesn't resemble "camping" anymore.[emoticon]

Lee & Jane
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac and a 2010 Coleman Destiny Tent trailer.
I wanna go where I haven't been,
but still wanna see what I've seen again.

Nutinelse2do

On the Road Where the Weather Suits Our Clothes

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/18 08:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It’s unfortunately too common. Goes along with the “ all about me attitude” folks seems to have these days.
We completely understand and empathize. Try to maintain the L7 attitude and don’t let it bother you.
Sometimes it’s easier said than done, but it’s the future for as far as we can see.

Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - KSDP 3912... Cummins 350ISL..Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/18 08:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I realize that we all must vent occasionally, but, You do realize of course that venting on here instead of to the CG manager/owner, only makes you feel better, and does no good in solving the problem.
If after relaying the problem to the owner nothing is resolved, i suggest you use the wheels on your RV & move on.

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/18 08:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

I feel your pain. But your post needs to be directed at the CG management. If they are not enforcing their own rules, the place will turn into a free for all.
Sounds like enough campers are not complaining or your fellow campers like it that way.

I can't speak for any other campers but I did let management know so it was directed at them as well. I just thought posting it here might spark some offenders to be a little more considerate is all.

newman fulltimer

louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/18 08:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wait till at 2am when someone is shinning a flashlight in your trailer while their dogs do their bizz in your spot.

The funny is when wife goes out and says something and they act dumbfounded to what they were doing

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/18 08:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

Lantley wrote:

I can't speak for any other campers but I did let management know so it was directed at them as well. I just thought posting it here might spark some offenders to be a little more considerate is all.
It's great that you did complain to the management, but as far as offenders changing their attitude because of your complaint, it's not very likely, you will however get plenty of sympathy from those of us who feel as you do.
As you did complain to management with no relief, other CG's would love to get your money.
Hope you have better luck in the future.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping Etiquette
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS