cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is the best top quality Toy Hauler?

MichaelDP
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I am a newbie to the forum. Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I was all set to buy a new Grand Design Momentum 399TH series Toy Hauler from my local dealer in West Palm Beach Florida until I read the reviews at RVT.com. There were so many bad reviews and unhappy customers! Can someone please recommend a higher quality Toy Hauler? The reason I am getting a Toy Hauler is to use the garage space for an office and music studio. I need the extra space. I saw that Luxe makes a Toy Hauler and they seem to be much better quality although the street price seems much higher. Is there a company with better quality?
12 REPLIES 12

normal_dave
Explorer
Explorer
If you want quality, combined with space, and a commercial use trailer, consider one of these:
ATC Toy Hauler 8.5' x 40'
1995 Ford E-150 Club Wagon Chateau Van
2012 Cargo Trailer Conversion Camper/Hauler

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
We have an 18 Raptor and are very satisfied with it. I hope one day to move up to a DRV Full House, but until then the Raptor works fine.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

slapshot12
Explorer
Explorer
"Quality" and "RV" shouldn't be used in the same sentence. The RV industry as a whole has pretty poor quality control compared to other vehicle markets. Remember, people are quick to take to the interweb and complain about problems, but rarely go say how wonderful things are.

I have a Momentum 349M and couldn't be happier with it. We've had no issues and would buy again in a heartbeat. We looked at every toy hauler we could set foot in over 6 months and narrowed it down the the 349M or 351M. we went with the 349 for a bigger garage.
'18 Momentum 349M
'17 F-350 SRW Lariat CCSB 6.7 FX4

James57
Explorer
Explorer
We love our 2016 KZ Venom 4013TK, it has a 13ft. garage lots of storage inside and
out has 3 ac units bath and 1/2 fuel station,5500 gen.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Also be wary of a GD owner who states how wonderful his rig is. No one wants to admit they made a purchasing mistake. Just sayin'.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
A custom build would be the best Iโ€™d imagine.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
My opinion of best might be different from others, personal preference.

My choice would be a custom built New Horizon or Spacecraft mfg. Or mass production the DRV.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
I hate these โ€œWhats the best...โ€ posts.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Most dependable over all others would be a Red Rider Wagon.
Dennis Hoppert

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
I'll echo what Rob said about GD. We've full timed in our 380TH for 4 years and the company stood behind their product, I have no complaints.

From an initial quality standpoint, they're all built about the same and with the same components. I'd focus on the layout and accessories that will make you and your family happy and will serve your style of camping. We spent well over a year looking at many manufacturers and probably 100 individual models before we found what was perfect for us. Good luck!
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
DRV, Luxe - both well north of $100K (and are still known to have issues now and then). Folks on the Grand Design Owners Forum (not associated with Grand Design) are, for the most part, quite happy with their Momentums. Remember - most of those who go on the internet to say things about products are the unhappy people. Grand Design has a very good reputation for warranty and customer service, too.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Everybody wants the best, but the best to some might be having sleeping room for six and for others a living room for guests and a bed for two.

It really helps if you specify what you are looking for, how many people will live in it, how big and heavy you want, and what is important in price and features.

If you look at various models that interest you, and list them, you will get much better comments because then we narrow it down closer to what you really want.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel