Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Help finding drawer hardware requested...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Help finding drawer hardware requested...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
[email protected]

Gresham, OR, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/18 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had my '02 Winnie Journey in for factory service and while there, tried to find the slide mechanism hardware for the tiny drawer on the drivers side nightstand. The slide device is only 8 & 3/4" long and Winnie no longer has any in stock with no plans to ever get that style again.

[image]

This picture is of the good side of the drawer, the other side the slide is crunched from getting trapped between the BR slide and the wall. That bent the metal enough that it's not reusable.

I'm looking for a replacement and haven't been successful finding anything. The original P/N per Winnie parts department is ATC RV 26222. (Perhaps I just haven't found the right search wording?)

[image]

I'm hoping someone on the forum has found a replacement device that I can order online. I'm in a small town and though there are 3 hardware stores, they carry a limited remodeling selection.

[email protected]
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

1995brave

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/18 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That looks like the style they sell at Home Depot or Lowes. In the isle with the cabinet and drawer hardware.

Farmboy666

Pisgah Forest, NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/18 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Finding an 8" drawer slide might be tough, 12" is usually the shortest. If you cut a 12" down to size the only thing you loose is the detente an the end that stops it from coming out. If you cut it from the front you would have to drill a hole and move the roller. I would cut the back of the track off and then install a small piece of wood at the top rear of drawer that stops the drawer from coming out.

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/18 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You noted that Winnie parts did not have that part, was it really Winnie or was it Lichtsinn? If you really contacted Winnie, you may want to contact Lichtsinn as they have a lot of obsolete parts. It is where I go for parts for my Adventurer.

Make sure that the number you have was valid, I can't find anything for that number at all.

* This post was edited 06/11/18 09:19am by D.E.Bishop *

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
95 Suzuki Sidekick 4X4
Stowmaster 5000

[email protected]

Gresham, OR, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/18 09:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

D.E.Bishop wrote:

You noted that Winnie parts did not have that part, was it really Winnie or was it Lichtsinn? If you really contacted Winnie, you may want to contact Lichtsinn as they have a lot of obsolete parts. It is where I go for parts for my Adventurer.

Make sure that the number you have was valid, I can't find anything for that number at all.

The parts gal at the Winnie parts counter in the service department seemed capable as she found all the other parts I was looking for except one obsolete part that Lichtsinn had.

Lichtsinn has all the drawings too but they didn't have anything to replace the drawer slide either and couldn't come up with a cross for it.

I have checked Home Depot & Lowe's and neither has anything this short.

* This post was edited 06/11/18 09:41am by [email protected] *

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/18 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lee Valley, a great source for all sorts of hardware, does sell these 8" drawer slides that obviously aren't quite an exact identical replacement but might be able to work with minimal hardship.

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/18 10:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you might try
Rockler wood working

Rocker.com

They have many different slide styles and sizes

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Farmboy666

Pisgah Forest, NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/18 01:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DrewE wrote:

Lee Valley, a great source for all sorts of hardware, does sell these 8" drawer slides that obviously aren't quite an exact identical replacement but might be able to work with minimal hardship.

Those are actually pretty good drawer slides. I replaced all of the white cheap ones with these in my class C. Full extension slides are nice to be able to access the full drawer

wolfe10

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/18 01:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DrewE wrote:

Agree,

Used that style for a built-in pantry I build in the Alpine. Very strong and smooth, and like posted allow the drawer to come all the way out for easy access.

Brett Wolfe
2003 Alpine 38'

FMCA Forum: www.community.fmca.com/index

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

FIRE UP

Lake Havasu City AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/18 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While I most certainly agree that changing from a non-capture style drawer glide to a full extension capture type is the better move, it's not without some issues. I say that because, in most cases, because the type that Jim has in his coach are non-capture type, there's additional clearance built into those, side to side. But, full extension ones like Accuride and higher end Blum, need exact side to side clearance built into the drawer opening and drawer size in order for the slide to function correctly without binding.

If a drawer is built in such a manor that it WAS a non capture type but, it has sufficient clearance for full extension types, then that's great. Some full extension cannot be dissassembled for the drawer to come out. They must have the screws removed. But, most can come apart due to pushing a clip or button of some type that will allow for part of the track to come out, along with the drawer.

Jim,
The ones below are very similar to yours and can be used in place of the ones you have. You just need to find the 8" versions.
Scott

https://www.amazon.com/Liberty-D68818C-W-TS-18-Inch-Bottom-Drawer/dp/B0064MDP46/ref=sr_1_2_sspa/144-0175236-1819520?ie=UTF8&qid=1528752269&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=blum+drawer+slides&psc=1

Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Help finding drawer hardware requested...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS