Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Roads and Routes: OKC to Oshkosh, WI
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> OKC to Oshkosh, WI

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
malexander

Oklahoma City, OK

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/18 02:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been going to Oshkosh for the past 15 years. We've always gone up I44 to St. Louis, to I55/39 to Madison then HWY 151 and 41 into Oshkosh. I know this route REALLY well.

We're leaving July 13th again for OSH. But, we're thinking about trying the I35 to Kansas City route this year to try to avoid the major road construction just SW of Tulsa and St. Louis altogether.

We're looking at I35 to Kansas City, 435 around the "bottom" of KC back to I35 to Des Moines. Then take I80 East to I39 North on into Madison.

Question is....you folks that live or travel these roads, is there any major construction or hazards I should be aware of? And, are there some good rest area/stops on these roads? We know the other route and have a logbook with the places we've stayed and liked or didn't like. But we thought we'd like to try another route this year.

Amazingly, the mileage is really close to same either way, IIRC, I don't think there was 50 miles difference.

Oh, and I use the interstates as much as possible.lol

2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, 2007 Honda VTX 1300R, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S19 Ventera. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member

WE-C-USA

NW Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/18 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The "bottom" of I-435 has a lot of construction right now. Head up the west side to the "top" then either take 152 eastbound to I-35. Or I-29 to 36 to I-35.

Frank & PJ
2004 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS

malexander

Oklahoma City, OK

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/18 07:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WE-C-USA wrote:

The "bottom" of I-435 has a lot of construction right now. Head up the west side to the "top" then either take 152 eastbound to I-35. Or I-29 to 36 to I-35.

Thank you much. This is the kind of info I'm looking for.

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/18 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you need a campsite near the MO-IA border, I like Slip Bluff County Park near Lamoni. The road is a little rough getting to it, but it's a quiet place with a decent view and only $15.

I just noticed that there's a CG at Graceland University just west of the Lamoni exit, too. Never camped at a college before... interesting.

Mike G.
--for now, using a cargo trailer for camping--
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... (Ecclesiastes 3)
Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

malexander

Oklahoma City, OK

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 04:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rexlion wrote:

If you need a campsite near the MO-IA border, I like Slip Bluff County Park near Lamoni. The road is a little rough getting to it, but it's a quiet place with a decent view and only $15.

I just noticed that there's a CG at Graceland University just west of the Lamoni exit, too. Never camped at a college before... interesting.

Thank you for the info.
We will "overnight" somewhere, but we've always just used a rest area, or a parking lot.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> OKC to Oshkosh, WI
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS