cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sofa upgrade review

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and i bought a Wildwood TT last july. Wife sleeps in front bedroom and i always sleep in living room due to my snoring and im a pretty big guy. She, myself and 4 small dogs did not fit well on an rv queen size bed. We are weekend warriors but aftet sleeping on the torture device know as a jack knife sofa i decided to upgrade. We spent several ours at camping world sitting and laying on sofas in the fifth wheels and motorhomes. Really liked the Thomas Payne destination trifold sofa bed. Best money i have spent on our TT. i have slept 7 nights on it and am very happy. The down angle off upper torso and head area is not comfortable however at home i sleep on a large wedge memory foam pillow which works perfect with this sofa.

I also removed dinnette table and turned one booth seat to make an Lshaped sofa that wife likes to relax on watching tv and taking naps

6 REPLIES 6

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
robrose1 wrote:
We are looking to get rid of our L shaped coach. Where did you purchase that?

Bought the sofa online with camping world

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
We installed a Temperpedic foam mattress. Great for sleeping, but does have its draw backs. First its very heavy and requires 2 people to raise the bed to get to under bed storage. Secondly when it is cold it becomes a "Brick" and takes a long time to warm up. We keep a mattress warming pad on while traveling in cool weather. This works for us but if you don't have an inverter could be an issue.
Blessings; kdk
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo

robrose1
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are looking to get rid of our L shaped coach. Where did you purchase that?
Rob and Rose
2013 Winnebago Lite Five 29FWRLS
2006 GMC DURAMAX/ALLISON

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
I wish I could compare the mattresses in our TP hide-a-beds because ours is thin and very uncomfortable.

wife's mattress is typical thin and not very comfortable even with adding foam mattress topper. next upgrade is a memory foam mattress for her.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting report. Glad it has worked out for you.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I wish I could compare the mattresses in our TP hide-a-beds because ours is thin and very uncomfortable.