Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Roadside Assistance No Help
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Roadside Assistance No Help

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
ggoguen

Zephyrhills Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/18 12:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I purchased Good Sam’s Roadside Assistance, because, I felt it would be a service, better suited for RV travel, as I have a 32 foot class A Motorhome.
Not the case.
While driving from Texas, to Maine, I had a flat tire, in Hookset New Hampshire. I called Roadside Assistance, and passed on all information, tire size, wheel position, and our location, to a Good Sam’s Rep., I was then switched to another rep, who deals with tires, I guess? I then had to repeat all info again. I was then told that I would have to pay-up front- for a new tire, before they came out for service. I thought my tire was just flat, not damaged, but I was OK with this. The rep, then told me he would call me back, within 30 minutes, with an update. After 45-50 minutes, with no call, I googled (Truck Tire Service), and found a GCR Tire, 6 miles from my location, with 4 tires of correct size. I then called Roadside Ass., and was told they didn’t even show a claim posted for me. I drove to GCR, and they pulled my tire off, left rear inside, and found valve stem leaking. Less than 1 hour, and $45.00 later, I was back on the road.
My wife then called roadside ass. And they said GCR is not one of their vendors. I sat for over 2 hours, waiting on Roadside, for nothing, and found my own service, in less than 5 minutes. My wife asked to cancel our contract, and give us a refund. They only wanted to refund my remaining 3 months. She told them that it was the first time we tried to make a claim, and it was absolutely useless. After telling them I would post a negative review of the service, on various RV Forums, they did agree to a full refund.

G A Goguen

GSRoadsideAssistance

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 12:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for the post Mr. Goguen. I apologize for the service you received. I've located your information and will contact you shortly.

Zach

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 12:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At least you got a refund, that's more than most people get out of this service.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2018 Silver Fox 32A - many mods to come!
H0NDA eu2000i

GSRoadsideAssistance

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 12:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me Mr. Goguen. I'm pleased that we were able to reach a resolution. Please let me now if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Zach

Lwiddis

Los Angeles :(

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/18 12:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"After telling them I would post a negative review of the service, on various RV Forums, they did agree to a full refund."

The certeria for a full refund shouldn't ever be the threat of posting a negative review but rather whether GS acted fair and prompt manner. Mr. Goguen's report indicates GS did not.

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

ggoguen

Zephyrhills Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/18 12:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just got off the phone with Zach, from Good Sams. He has re-instated my contract, for another full year, at no charge to me. Hopefully it will not be needed, and if so, I will be better served. I am willing to give it another try, and I will definitely post any dealings with Roadside, in the future.

Thank you, Zach

G A goguen

kerrlakeRoo

Va

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 12:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can you imagine what a dream this would be for the insurance industry in general?
Sell someone a life insurance policy, collect premiums for 25 years, and when you are called that an insured has died, you just cancel the policy and refund this years premium.
Or an auto policy where you can cancel at the exact second an accident occurs. Its an insurers dream, and GS is living it.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 03:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kerrlakeRoo wrote:

Can you imagine what a dream this would be for the insurance industry in general?
Sell someone a life insurance policy, collect premiums for 25 years, and when you are called that an insured has died, you just cancel the policy and refund this years premium.
Or an auto policy where you can cancel at the exact second an accident occurs. Its an insurers dream, and GS is living it.

That seems to be the business model.
It was cheaper to give the customer a free years coverage rather than cover and actual incident.

Even if they made everything right, they still fail because the customer had to go through the hassle and stress of calling them out.

classic 31

Cape Cod

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/18 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds about right leave you hanging and then throw you a cookie to pacify you.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/18 07:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Roadside Assistance No Help
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS