Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: heres another. opinions?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> heres another. opinions?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 12:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

clicky

terrible add but price is right and its a floor plan that works. might be worth a look.

If it moves and it shouldn't..... duct tape
if it doesn't move and it should.....WD40
if all else fails .....BFH

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 01:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not sure if the dirty laundry and the half used toothbrush come with it or not

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 01:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't help you with the quality of the manufacturer.
The only thing that raises a red flag, for me, is what is in the pictures.
The towel on the shower floor and the bed? If the owner doesn't care about the pictures when selling the unit, what else didn't he care about?
If you like the unit, go take a look. But, I would take a real close look. It may be a great deal, or not.
Just my 2¢.

The toothbrush may be good for a few more miles. Use it as a barganing chip. [emoticon]

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would check under the towel and every thing else that seems to be hiding something.
I do agree that if the owner is such a pig that they wont pick up anything before a pic, then the rig probably wasn't taken very good care of.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2018 Silver Fox 32A - many mods to come!
H0NDA eu2000i

SoonerWing03

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

I can't help you with the quality of the manufacturer.
The only thing that raises a red flag, for me, is what is in the pictures.
The towel on the shower floor and the bed? If the owner doesn't care about the pictures when selling the unit, what else didn't he care about?
If you like the unit, go take a look. But, I would take a real close look. It may be a great deal, or not.
Just my 2¢.

The toothbrush may be good for a few more miles. Use it as a barganing chip. [emoticon]

THIS

jfkmk

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/18 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's 18 years old, and as. Others have said, it would appear it probably isn't very well cared for. I'd pass.

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/18 05:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jebby14 wrote:

clicky

terrible add but price is right and its a floor plan that works. might be worth a look.

From this thread and your other recent one on the same subject I'm guessing your budget is no greater than ~ $5000 Cdn which in this market forces you into trailers at least 15 to 20 yrs old. That trailer you were inquiring about earlier was IMO an exception, most of this age will be just like this Sportsmen - a project at best, junk at the worst. Quickly scanning Kijiji here in Ontario shows that's about all you can expect and even at that you'd have to be willing to travel to other parts of the province. Unless you're willing to increase your budget substantially I'd recommend you just step back for the time being and keep what you have while you watch the ads - better the devil you know than the devil you don't know. [emoticon]

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/18 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a rule of thumb, I don't finance toys. that leaves me about 6k to play with. Looking to upgrade this off season but I've started to brows and keep an eye out. I am not looking for a new trailer. I don't need pretty and I don't like bells and whistles. We primarily use our trailers as tents with wheels and storage. When we camp we are outside. I am not pressed into something now, I have been sharing adds because I know the people on here are more knowledgeable than I and IMO its a nice break from playing weight police and warranty griping to see people posts units. I very much appreciate the feedback. Considering the wife and I are open to a wide array of campers I will keep browsing and hopefully dig something up in the next 9 months or so.

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/18 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jebby14 wrote:

We primarily use our trailers as tents with wheels and storage. When we camp we are outside.

I'm sure you know this already but this being the case you can get a heck of a good used folding tent trailer, and much newer, for $6000 Cdn ... just sayin'. [emoticon]

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/18 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

oh I'm familiar. We come from popups. I like them. might go back if I come across the right one. Also not opposed to hybrids. They all have their own pros and cons. If it were just me it would always be popups (my boat used to run on top so I could bring both with 1 vehicle). Got the hard sided when my daughter was born. Now with a 2 and a 4 year old the convenience of being able to hookup or drop and go is nice. Also like being able to setup in minutes so that they aren't waiting for me. Lastly I enjoy not having to store my camping gear in the garage with the 418082 other things in there that don't fit haha. I'm not opposed to turning wrenches within reason either. We will see what comes.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> heres another. opinions?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS