Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Well.....It’s official........
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  The Toys

> Well.....It’s official........

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
mrw8i

Home

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/18 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went 5th wheel. I find it easier to tow, no sway issues, even when I'm light in the front (RZR in the back and all the tanks are empty). I also find a 5th harder to backup then a tag, meaning when you have to cut sharp and fit into a tight space - a 5th wheel responds very slow when backing. In a real tight turn you can end up in a pretty awkward position with your tow vehicle. My issues, others with 5th wheels are better at it than I am. A tag will respond immediately to what you want it to do when backing, and you usually need less room to maneuver when backing up and turning into a tight spot.

Good luck. Enjoy the process.

eDUBz

Oxnard

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/18 03:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nayther wrote:

Don't tow a fifth wheel or you'll HAVE to have it! However a well set up tag, that's not too big, will tow pretty well. I'm too spoiled to ever go back to a tag.

Good luck, hope you don't have to order one, our new one JUST arrived at the dealer today, we ordered it March 2, 2108.

We are looking at a Sandstorm 251GSLC overall length is 31’ which is max we can get to store here at the house.

LBZ - Stealth - RZR - Honda - SUPsurf - Fish - Kayak

mrw8i

Home

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/18 06:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eDUBz wrote:

nayther wrote:

Don't tow a fifth wheel or you'll HAVE to have it! However a well set up tag, that's not too big, will tow pretty well. I'm too spoiled to ever go back to a tag.

Good luck, hope you don't have to order one, our new one JUST arrived at the dealer today, we ordered it March 2, 2108.

We are looking at a Sandstorm 251GSLC overall length is 31’ which is max we can get to store here at the house.

That's quite the upgrade for you guys. You deserve it. Good luck in your search.

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/18 07:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eDUBz wrote:

nayther wrote:

That's my limiting factor as well, plus getting it into the driveway! My son has a Sandstorm and it has been a great trailer, about two years old, not one issue. Small one though

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

eDUBz

Oxnard

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/18 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nayther wrote:

eDUBz wrote:

nayther wrote:

That's my limiting factor as well, plus getting it into the driveway! My son has a Sandstorm and it has been a great trailer, about two years old, not one issue. Small one though

That’s good hear the sandstorm is holding up.

eDUBz

Oxnard

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/18 09:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well we negotiated on a trailer, if all goes as planned we bring her home Monday......story and pics to follow [emoticon]

* This post was edited 06/15/18 09:37pm by eDUBz *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  The Toys

> Well.....It’s official........
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS