cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

nlewis
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I just purchased a class b van. We are going to fulltime in it. We will keep our day jobs and only be in the van at night. We have a trip coming up next week in Los Angeles. Since we are new to rv ing we plan on staying mostly at rv parks. But would really like to do some stealth camping on this trip a couple night to get our feet wet. We be there for at least a week. We are getting past the nervousness of this purchase and getting excited. Any suggestions are welcome. Im sure we going to have many question on this trip as we have never rv before. We suppose to have a 2 hr walk thu when we pick up the van. But a walk thu is different then being on your own. We been talking about doing this for years. Finally this year its was either do it or stop talking about it. We made to leap and fingers crossed we are hoping this is the best decision we ever made. I really hope that we can use this forum to help us with anything that might come up. Any suggestion are very welcome.
2 REPLIES 2

PghBob
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your purchase. I'm not sure what you mean by "stealth camping", but if you mean parking somewhere on a city street or parking lot to avoid camp ground fees, be aware that in LA (I'm told via posts on this site) the police actively enforce the parking rules and regulations.

I would also strongly recommend that your first several days of camping be in a camp ground close to "home" to try out all of the features on your new rig and make sure you know how everything works before venturing too far.

Keep in mind, where ever you are camped, eventually you will need to dump your black and gray tanks which aren't so big on a Class B. You will need some electricity and propane at some point.

Good luck with your new venture.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
First time on any forum should start by reading the rules and policies. Cross-posting on multiple forums is not allowed without permission.

"You are not allowed to post the same message in multiple forums without permission from one of the Open Roads Forum moderators. "
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/