cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just a few things to stir the pot.

KKELLER14K
Explorer
Explorer
Why don't they just make everything with LED from the factory all around the RV??? Inside and outside?...WTH?? Antiquated building tech and the old school of RV building needs to bow out...get in the now. This is where the builders can and should offer new tech...come on now.. we as consumers are getting the sham!! Forget the old school lighting. OH! but now it gets so expensive and they can't make a buck? The most seasoned RV people would pay to have something that will last and consume less power but I just want to know why we can't make them lighter and way more warmer?...someone just has to find a way...I have a question..an airplane can fly at 30 thousand feet with temperatures at -50 below with a skin no more than 4 inches and keep the temperature at a 65 to 70??...how is that possible?? Someone please explain that..regardless of the RV world on earth,. Explain it to us how is that possible?? Air friction perhaps? Regardless, I still question the builders bottom line. Bigger is not always better...slides are pretty much out.... the maintenance, weight, and leakage is not worth it ...but it just gets more complicated and this should not be what camping with an RV should be about...ok slam me all you want but...this is what we do here. Open opinions are welcome just don't slam me personally... I just think we have gotten to big and it is not where I want to go....I love to glamp and tents are out in my opinion but the RV has pushed the limits as to size and functionality...agree? disagree? Open for discussion...
65 REPLIES 65

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
stevenal wrote:
KKELLER14K wrote:
Why don't they just make everything with LED from the factory all around the RV??? Inside and outside?

That's an option with Bigfoot.
My '13 NL is all LED Not an option.

KKELLER14K
Explorer
Explorer
Well thank you covered wagon... I have a purpose and that is to educate the not knowing. If you come here, you will find the knowledge brought about good people who have been there.
I try and bring good topics of discussion but you have to have a little flair, but not to annoy anyone and to bring educational thought into discussions... that is good experience and thoughts about your fellow RVr's.
I still can't thank the forum enough...I get to sit and send out to the world my experiences for those who have not been there yet.. and the newbies will make their journeys a better memory than a bad one because of us old timers...LOL
Glamping should be fun..not a horrible investment of mistakes...

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
KKELLER14K wrote:
I just love how the conversation morphs...but it is a good thing because we get an education....and the truth is we all need one...thanks to everyone here.

I know you are good person and know how to start interesting threads.

Thank you for that.

I also stockpiled up lifetime supply of incandescent bulbs for my house. Love those things.

As for my 03 camper it still has the incandescent bulbs as well. So far only two have burned out.

Also since 2003, i just put in the third set of fresh batteries in the camper. Not too bad averaging 7 years for each pair of wet cell Exide batteries.

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, this one was about stirring the pot!! ๐Ÿ™‚
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

DieselBurps
Explorer
Explorer
There are options out there for building your own. Design the interior any way you like it and the camper will actually hold up.

Check out totalcomposites.com they are panels that are well insulated and the same that high end european expedition truck mfgs use. All for DIY

KKELLER14K
Explorer
Explorer
I just love how the conversation morphs...but it is a good thing because we get an education....and the truth is we all need one...thanks to everyone here.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not saying I'm getting rid of my LED lights, but here is one article with research.

https://gunnar.com/do-environmentally-friendly-led-lights-cause-blindness/

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't have any pain from LED lights.

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
covered wagon wrote:
I just do not like Led lights nor its lighting. Even near the brake lights of another Led bulbed car you can feel the pain in your eyes from the deeper penetration into your retina. I know for a fact they aren't good for you.

How do you know this, "for a fact"?
2014 Lance 992
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Turbo diesel

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
I just do not like Led lights nor its lighting. Even near the brake lights of another Led bulbed car you can feel the pain in your eyes from the deeper penetration into your retena. I know for a fact they arent good for you.

Technology is supposed to be convenience... I wonder when most the the folks who are gone now would still be alive today if they had a little bit more physically inclined occupation. I miss a lot of those so wonderful people now. I'm glad For hard work even today.

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
Without NASCAR thereโ€™d be nowhere to use RV roof decks.
And we wouldnโ€™t know whether we should buy Huggies or Tide or Vagisil or whatever.
I used to love NASCAR, way back when it was reasonably close to what itโ€™s very name says it is.
Drafting was invented when Junior Johnsonโ€™s โ€˜59 Chevy couldnโ€™t keep up with the โ€˜60 Pontiacs and he figured out how to get behind one and use it for a windbreak. He was really driving a real โ€˜59 Chevy, racing against real Mercurys and Plymouths and such.
Now, the cars are literally identical and have absolutely nothing to do with stock cars other than what grill stickers they wear to โ€œrepresentโ€ a certain car. Thereโ€™s so much money and corporate sponsorship that you canโ€™t really even identify with it.
Itโ€™s boring... and Iโ€™m a huge gearhead.
I bet kids are gonna grow up thinking โ€œstockโ€ means full-race. If they havenโ€™t already.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Freep wrote:
No need to be touchy. I said crowd, not type.

No worries. What's special about that crowd? ๐Ÿ˜„

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
Lol Iโ€™m totally enjoying how funny you are! This is comedy gold.

classic_31
Explorer
Explorer
Not complaining just telling the way it is stop your sniffling and go enjoy your self