cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pump

camp104
Explorer
Explorer
My water in the rv keeps running when I turn off the water. I have to turn off the switch to stop the pump. No water is leaking out from anywhere so I do not have a leak? Any ideas what might be the problem???
10 REPLIES 10

Yellowboat_
Explorer
Explorer
My Surflo water pump needed a pressure switch adjustment.

Click here for instructions.
2016 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on a 2016 Ford F53 Chassis
2009 Saturn VUE
Buddy our Bichon Frise
JD & Kathy

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
My pump would cycle on and off, for a quick fix while on thr road, I put a check valve on the discharre side of pump.

It took care of the sympton of a bad check valve in the pump head.

To solve thr problem, I removed the pump and took the head apart and cleaned all parts of the head, sealed with a little silicone. Working fine again.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

haddy1
Explorer
Explorer
camp104 wrote:
My water in the rv keeps running when I turn off the water. I have to turn off the switch to stop the pump. No water is leaking out from anywhere so I do not have a leak? Any ideas what might be the problem???

My 03 Winnebago would do that if the city fill valve was left in the wrong position. It would continuously circulate water to/from the tank.
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH
2018 Grand Cherokee Toad

MrWizard
OP didn't clarify
Does he man the water pump is running and making noise
Or does he means water won't stop flowing
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Over the decades I've had to take my pumps apart to try to see what the problem was. Most times it was a stuck valve in the pump apparently caused by some piece of trash too small to see and once i=I fiddled with the valve and reassembled it, it worked fine. Rarely ever saw what the problem was caused by.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the pump is a Sureflo it may be as simple as the pressure switch setting needs adjusted. A small allen head screw on the front end of the pump.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

MrWizard
what switch ?

water pump switch ? battery disconnect ?

water won't stop ?, do you mean close the faucet, but water keeps running
replace faucet

are you hooked up to city water ?
water pressure might be to high and you need an inline regulator
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Third possibility is the city water inlet check valve is leaking

Fourth .....pump pressure switch stuck
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
dalenoel wrote:
the check valve at the pump is leaking and pressure in the system is pushing water back into the fresh water tank. Might be able to clean it out or even replace it.

Another similar possibility is that the tank fill valve, if you have one, is not shut or is leaking. (This valve allows the tank to be filled from the city water inlet. Some RVs don't have this setup and only have a gravity fill port. Obviously, if you don't have the fill valve, it cannot be leaking or left open!)

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
the check valve at the pump is leaking and pressure in the system is pushing water back into the fresh water tank. Might be able to clean it out or even replace it.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi