Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Coast to Coast: Coast Affiliates
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Coast to Coast

Open Roads Forum  >  Coast to Coast

> Coast Affiliates

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
jdb7566

minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/18 05:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was looking over an older saved trip in Trip Planner, when to my dismay, many of what were once, Coast to Coast affiliates, no longer are or have switched to GNP. GNP requires you to "call" in order to get your "special discount". With modern technology the way it is, one would think if GS is serious about maintaining Coast memberships, you would be able to make an "online" reservation and using your membership number to get your "special discount". Could this be the beginning of the end for Coast Resorts?

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/18 06:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello jdb7566,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam, please allow me to share your concerns with the Coast to Coast team.
Have a good day.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

BarbaraOK

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/18 09:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Sam Care Team wrote:

Hello jdb7566,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam, please allow me to share your concerns with the Coast to Coast team.
Have a good day.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

These are not "concerns" - many of us feel that we are slowly seeing the demise of Coast-to-Coast. Why not raise the nightly amount if parks feel they need more per night. The ability to have an assured place to stop for a short period of time, with fee already paid, was what attracts one to C2C.

As it now stands, if I have to call, I'm going to use Passport America as most parks are much more receptive to using them - I've encountered down right hostility from park when mentioning GNP, but they were happy to take the Passport number and give that discount.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006
Figment II (2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ">
Mischief (2004 Subaru Forester Toad) ">
FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761
Our Blog

bdpreece

Woodburn Oregon / Yuma Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/18 10:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When using GNP parks, most of them want a credit card to hold the site something not necessary with normal C2C campgrounds.

Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/18 12:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is unfortunate but I do think its the beginning of the end. The business model has worked fairly well I think but of course the buy in is a pretty big investment. You can keep your home park membership without being a coast member but then you won't be able to use any other park either. I believe that is right.

jdb7566

minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/18 06:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a reply to my post, I was contacted by a representative from the Affinity Group. It was explained to me that the Coast reservation system was cumbersome at best for the resorts. As a high turnover industry, it took a lot of time and effort to train new people, and for the resort, it wasn't worth the hassle. I was also told, in the not to distant future, a new, easier to use reservation system will be implemented, hoping to retain and hopefully add new Coast affiliates. I took this as a positive because they contacted me about my concern and offered a viable solution.

BarbaraOK

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/18 12:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been C2C members since 2005 and hope it keeps going. Sadly we are finding that some of the parks that use to be C2C are now only available under AOR.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/18 08:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello jdb7566,

Thank you for sharing the outcome of your concerns regarding the Coast to Coast program. We are always glad to assist with concerns and questions.
Have a good day.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/18 03:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello BarbaraOK,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam and your post. Please send your contact information in a private message. I will share your comments with the Coast to Coast team and request they contact you to discuss the issues.

Thank you and have a good day.
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/18 09:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Coast to Coast

> Coast Affiliates
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Coast to Coast

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS