Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mounting a tv

sneakygroundbuz
Explorer
Explorer
we have a heritage glen 282rk.
it has the hooks ups fora tv in the bedroom,so we would like to add a smallish tv in there.

i want to mount it on the wall,and not have it sitting on top of the dresser.

on the opposite side of the wall is the bathroom.

the question i have is "how do i know where it is safe to mount the tv on the wall in the bedroom?"

i see no marking on the wall to indicate where it should go.

any help is greatly appreciated
5 REPLIES 5

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
BE CAREFUL of the length of the mounting screws that came with the bracket! travel trailer walls are about 1 inch thick and 1 3/4 lag bolts will come through your wall! I switched to 3/4 in lag bolts since my shower was opposite the TV mount and did NOT want to see the bolts coming through the shower enclosure!
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

lewisr
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
Mounting the TV's bracket to a backer board will greatly increase the holding strength. A section of plywood or plank screwed into studs will offer a secure mount.
. One exists from the factory as I described.
'14 F-150 Super Crew 3.5EB 3.73
'19 Heritage Glen 282RK

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Mounting the TV's bracket to a backer board will greatly increase the holding strength. A section of plywood or plank screwed into studs will offer a secure mount.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

lewisr
Explorer
Explorer
A little late to the party, but if you haven't found it already, there is a solid block just above the outlets. you can find it by pressing on the wall.
'14 F-150 Super Crew 3.5EB 3.73
'19 Heritage Glen 282RK

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
While many TTs can differ, it is possible that there is no stud in the wall center, especially with bathroom directly behind. You could remove the hookup plate, or plug-in plate, use a small mechanics mirror in opening to look for any stud. I have a very bright flexible LED piston light that aids to see in small openings.

I'm thinking you will have to make a backing/mounting board, that reaches from wall edge to wall edge, to have a secure mount.

Jerry