cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

It wasn't a foxtail

Dernhelm
Explorer
Explorer
Just got home from the vet with 10 year old Amroth. He was shaking his head and pawing at an ear, so I checked it and guess what? "Foreign bodies" in both ears. 'Tis the foxtail (cheatgrass) season here. Well, I thought, it's time for him to go in for his annual lumps and bumps removal anyway so we scheduled surgery for yesterday with ear cleaning thrown in.

Routine lumps and bumps removal: just the usual lipomas.

Picked him up this morning and the vet had a nice vacuette waiting for me with the results from one of his ears.

It wasn't a foxtail.

It was most of a dead cockroach.

Even the vet said that was one of the grossest things he'd ever found in an ear. I'm freaked. My ears keep itching.
Dogmom, Railfan, Dancer
Co-Pilots: Nimrodel & Beren
DOTLs: Spcs. Bortan, Dernhelm & Erkenbrand, Rainbow Div. 11/11, 2/09, 1/14
Jayco 17Z, GMC Yukon, GMC Canyon
There's a whole pack waiting for me at the Bridge - I'll have to take a lot of tennis balls!
4 REPLIES 4

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does happen to people too. Get an exterminator there to spray for those things . Yuk! Gross!

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I bet your dog was greatful to have it out of there.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It probably happens more than we think
Google 'Cockroach in ear', it's disgusting.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Now I'm itching.

Glad your doggie is ok.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton