Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone install a weboost on their class A

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to figure out where to have the cord come in to the motorhome
I want to put antenna on ladder but then I'm going to have to drill or come in through vent.
I want to do it with as little wiring showing as possible
It's going into a Bay Star
7 REPLIES 7

Sultan1966
Explorer
Explorer
Installed the RV version and attached antenna to middle A/C unit and ran cable to where old KVH satellite unit was and then traced coax inside cabinet. Had for a few months. So far, so good.
2008 Monaco Dynasty Renaissance IV with Cummins 425hp ISL (Louie) with 2005 Chevrolet Silverado (Roscoe) with Golf Cart in back (Forrest Gump).
Wife, I and our two dogs are Full-Timers

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I put mine on top of a section or two of PVC and attach that to the ladder. The cable runs under the coach and up thru the engine compartment and into the bedroom of the coach. Once inside, you can do what you want with it....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Suggest a search for Weboost in the Technology Corner forum.

dennis1949
Explorer
Explorer
I came in about 10 inches below where I mounted it on the ladder. I drilled into camper inside of cabinet so that is where I hide wire and controller
Dennis Carpenter
Decatur Alabama
2012 GMC 3/4 ton Z71 Diesel
2016 Forest River Blue Ridge. 3045 RL

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
I've got the Weboost 4G-M. I got a good deal on it, but wish I had the RV version. We put the receiving antenna in the windshield, and stretch out the cable across the top of the fridge so the Hershey bar is about mid-coach. It works OK that way. We have magnets on the windshield for our mesh cover, and just let the magnetic antenna attach to one of those.
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad

67Cutlass
Explorer
Explorer
If you go with the Weboost make sure you do not place your outside antenna within the minimum distance of your indoor repeater antenna. Doing that can create unwanted feedback loop.
2012 Phaeton 40QBH
2015 Jeep Cherokee
SMI Air Force One
Retired USAF - CEVG and AFTAC
Member of Tiffin RV Network Forum

polly_sue
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m not answering your question, but want to add that we installed a WeBoost at our home and the length of the run of cord to the inside antenna was too much for the standard cord. They replaced it with one that is a much larger gauge. WeBoost could not have been nicer in helping us. I highly recommend them!