cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip to Missouri

Bobchambe
Explorer
Explorer
We just returned from a two week trip to Missouri and want to share our campground experience's.
We stayed at the Taneycomo Lakefront RV Resort & RV Park in Branson for four days. The park is small and the people that run it are nice and accommodating.
The road into the park is a very narrow, curvy, up and down hill, and the entrance to the park is steep with a left turn at the bottom.
On our way home, we stayed at an interesting campground in Troy, AL called Walnut Creek RV Park. After you pay the $18.00 ( Passport America rate) the gentleman at the desk said " just find a spot and park anywhere you want", which in itself was interesting. So we pulled into a site on the right, and parked facing the same direction as most of the other campers. All was well until the next morning when we were ready to leave and noticed there was no way out. We had to take the car off the dolly and back out of the site. Another camper was getting ready to leave at the same time and had the same problem. Just a word of advice if you stay at Walnut Creek, park facing the driveway! LOL
5 REPLIES 5

Bobchambe
Explorer
Explorer
IF I ever go back to Branson we will try the Lakeside park. Branson was not what I thought it would be.
I have no complaints about what I received for my $18.00. My complaint was no direction on the best way to park so you can leave. When I parked, there was a way out, but campers coming in after I did filled all of the spots, thinking they would be able to drive out. The full time camper beside me parked his truck in front of his trailer so I did not have room to go around him on the right and there was no way out if I turned left. I knocked on his door to see if he would move his truck but he did not answer. He came out after I had my car unloaded and was backing out.

And I agree, I would not block someone in on purpose!

Every RV trip is an Adventure----guess that is why we love it!

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
I would not have cornered someone in if I saw it was going to happen.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Bobchambe wrote:
We just returned from a two week trip to Missouri and want to share our campground experience's.
We stayed at the Taneycomo Lakefront RV Resort & RV Park in Branson for four days. The park is small and the people that run it are nice and accommodating.
The road into the park is a very narrow, curvy, up and down hill, and the entrance to the park is steep with a left turn at the bottom.
On our way home, we stayed at an interesting campground in Troy, AL called Walnut Creek RV Park. After you pay the $18.00 ( Passport America rate) the gentleman at the desk said " just find a spot and park anywhere you want", which in itself was interesting. So we pulled into a site on the right, and parked facing the same direction as most of the other campers. All was well until the next morning when we were ready to leave and noticed there was no way out. We had to take the car off the dolly and back out of the site. Another camper was getting ready to leave at the same time and had the same problem. Just a word of advice if you stay at Walnut Creek, park facing the driveway! LOL
It appears you got proper value for your $18.00. Extremely low cost and extremely low service.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
deleted
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Next time stay at the Branson Lakeside RV park next to The Landing mall. It's a wonderful park with easy access to the park. There's even a free shuttle to the mall. We've stayed there many times and love the place. We're usually there over July 4th and the park is rocking with fun people.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE