cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish TV

Mr__Pinky
Explorer
Explorer
I used to have Direct TV for my home service and when we took our MH on a trip I would take one of the receivers from my home and install it in the MH. I changed my service to Xfinity for reasons I won't go into.

My question is: if I buy a Dish receiver and use their on demand service when we travel, will the in-motion dish on my MH receive the Dish satellite signal?
"STUFF" HAPPENS, GET OVER IT
3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mr. Pinky wrote:
I used to have Direct TV for my home service and when we took our MH on a trip I would take one of the receivers from my home and install it in the MH. I changed my service to Xfinity for reasons I won't go into.

My question is: if I buy a Dish receiver and use their on demand service when we travel, will the in-motion dish on my MH receive the Dish satellite signal?

Most all of them do but we would need more information including the age of the dome. DISH changed the way they broadcast their signal and many of the older domes are no longer able to lock onto the satellites.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
You don’t say what in motion Dish you have. In many cases yes if the in motion can be re programmed to the dish satellites.. they aren’t the same that direct uses.
Bill

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
It might. DISH 211 boxes can work with domes. If we had more specific info on your dish; age, model. etc someone may know. Or just buy a Wally and if it doesnt work buy a Winegard auto align Pathway X2 carryout for $400 and be dont with it.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.