cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside kitchen door question

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Montana Mountaineer 2015 and the door is pretty big. You can see from the outside where the mounting point is by rubbing your hand over it. Seems like such a small mounting plate for such a big door. Iโ€™m worried that over time it might just come thru. Has anyone experienced this?
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually
5 REPLIES 5

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
Larger plate was installed and problem solved, no need for a plan "B"
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
The screws are fine, and no real problem right now other than I believe the mounting plate is too small and too much pressure being applied in that small space. I will be adding a larger plate for more support.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
The way I see it, your problem ain't the mounting point pushing through, your problem is going to be the screws pulling out. It's not a question of if, it's when. That's why they make the bigger mounting plate to begin with. By using the bigger mounting plate now, you don't have anything to fall back on when the screws pull out of it. You might put some thought in that direction, what's Plan B going to be?

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
Perfect! Thanks, Iโ€™m gonna order it. There is just too much pressure in that small little area right now.

Bar-OneRanch
Explorer
Explorer
If you are talking about where the lift strut meets the door you can try a repair plate that spreads the weight across a bigger area. I used them because the screws stripped out of my door, but it would work on that. Look them up on Camping World, Catalog Item # 66724.
Hope this helps.
Chris