cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cruiser rv quality?

batavia02
Explorer
Explorer
I know cruiser rv is part of thor but what about overall quality particular the radiance model?Any better or worse then the others still waffling between tt and fifth wheel, i know there is no comparison and they are 2 different items .But trying to decide between a large tt and a 5th wheel .thanks
10 REPLIES 10

maypo29
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Radiance KIBH and love the floor plan. Bought it when it was 2 years old and every time we go to use it there is another problem! I hope we have finally sorted them out. Our largest problems have been:
-roof membrane peeled off driving down the road.
-A/C breaker constantly popping.
-Terrible smell from bathroom.

In my opinion the problems we have had are due to poor craftsmanship not just the TT itself.

lmpres
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our 15 322RL for 4 years now. Our first two years was a nightmare. Had a tire snap off all 6 lugs and go through the sidewall. Cruiser at first didn't want to cover any repairs. Even though they had a recall the with the year priors 322 model for the same issue! This happened 2 weeks after the 1 year warrantee expired. Finally did after hours on the phone arguing with them.

When I picked up the trailer after 2 months of repair, we noticed a seam split. CW figured out that Crossroads, when building the trialer, failed to put wood supports in the channels of the trailer base. This is what holds the body to the trailer. 4K later, Crossroads wouldn't cover the repair and CW extended warrantee wouldn't either.

I will never buy another Crossroads or from Camping World after my experience... But I do love sharing my experiences!

shfd739
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2017 Shadow Cruiser 240BHS that just hit 2 years old. Only major issue was related to a recall on the front cap lights but that also involved some Forest River brands since multiple builders were using cheap LEDs..Only other warranty issue was the water heater igniter failed at 2 months old and a piece of rubber around a window needed to be replaced so that the window would latch again.

Weโ€™ve been happy with our trailer and have considered moving up to a Fun Finder 27BHS to get a sofa and 2 ACs. After looking at nearly every brand out there Cruiser feels like the best bang for the buck and they do well with the little things that most brands donโ€™t address.
'17 Shadow Cruiser 240BHS
'08 Toyota Sequoia Platinum
โ€˜07 NBS Silverado 2500 Dmax

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
2008 Funfinder 24ft double slideouts, has been great. Took us from Mexico through the U.S. and Canada. We'll never find a floor plan like this again. We just experienced our first minor leak and are having it fixed. Not a manufacturer problem.

230W of solar, Mr.Heater, and we use it almost exclusively for boondocking. It's seen some rough roads and has held up quite well. We previously had a 2004 18ft Funfinder. Took it everywhere.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
quote wrote:
Thor may rear its ugly head in a series of cost cutting measures. Turning other manufacturers into Thor clones.

It sickens me to see where this industry has gone.
Reading the motorhome forums is an education as well as heartbreaking. :S
After waiting your entire working life to drive your dream, only to find that drive full of 'quality' potholes.
'Quality' is not part of the rv world and it costs many people an awful lot of money and crushed dreams.
They get away with it because so many clueless potential buyers do not take the time to or attempt to educate themselves before they plop down $100-$200k plus .
I would love to own another type of rv but the quality is not there and I simply refuse to buy one.

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
2012 funfinder, bought new in Nov 2011. Love it. Have pulled it over 50K miles. Wintered in it four winters ( five months at a time ) plus used it for many other trips. Like right now sitting in it for two weeks at a horse show in Oklahoma. I've done quite a few little mods to it to make it more specific to my needs, but the basics of it have been good.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
For what it is worth, we bought a used Cruiser trailer, used it heavily for seven years, and then bought a new Cruiser trailer and have used it even more heavily (90 nights a year, 10,000 miles a year) for six more years. We took both trailers off road (or at least off pavement) a lot -- rocks, ruts, rough stuff. No problems. So yes, Cruiser does make good trailers.

Having said that, any manufacturer can turn out a lemon now and then. A person whose judgment I trust (he's an active forum participant who goes by Travels with Yoly) had a bad Cruiser trailer and had to get rid of it. And although most people have had good experience with Cruiser's warranty department, not everyone has.

I would bet that Cruiser's engineering, quality control and warranty performance are about at the industry standard -- maybe a touch above. The most important thing is to buy from a dealer who is not too far away and who has gotten good reviews. Many folks say that a careful inspection is very important, and it is; but with any trailer, there can be glitches that don't show up right away. So you really want a dealer who will stand behind the product.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
If you read through some of the other threads from Jayco as well, it seems that the one thing Thor did correctly was to keep its fingers out of the mix on some of the companies it bought.
From what I've read, companies that were doing well, and were successful were allowed to continue to operate as they had. The trick is likely to recognize when the market takes it's next downturn because as soon as profits fall, Thor may rear its ugly head in a series of cost cutting measures. Turning other manufacturers into Thor clones.

Jeeperinmoab
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Crusier RV MPG 2800QB. It is 34โ€™ bumper to ball. It has a single large slide with quad bunks and a full size queen. The new models years have a redesigned front bedroom with a king. We love it and have not had any problems. I would purchase another Crusier RV product again.
2007 Chevrolet Suburban
2017 Cruiser RV MPG2800QB

doughboy
Explorer
Explorer
we love ours
it's a 31' 2013 funfinder tt.
dual slides at the rear making the living room huge.
it pulls well and has given me no problems.
whats also nice it that's if we stop over night, we can access the fridge, the bathroom and bedroom with out opening the slides.
check out my profile.
Larry, Lisa, and a dog named "Pepperjack"
2000 Excursion,Toreador red,diesel
2013 cruiser, viewfinder,
Waitin for my ship to come in