Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: AR ONE leak behind toilet question
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> AR ONE leak behind toilet question

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/18 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also check that the fitting (swivel adapter) that attaches to the toilet is tight. They can loosen. They are designed to be finger tight, no tools.

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2008 Nissan Frontier CC 4WD
Andersen Hitch

myredracer

Langley B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/18 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Leak could be the swivel fitting, the cinch clamp connection (or maybe a crimp ring), vacuum breaker or water valve. A photo would likely help here.

Water is the no. 1 killer of RVs so gotta fix it pdq. You could always pull the toilet out and connect it to a hose outside. Need the right hose adapter fittings to do it. I did it once when replacing the water valve to ensure there was no leakage whatsoever.

Does it look like a recent leak or happening for a while? Does it look original or maybe modified by the PO? The water valves can sometimes leak only when water pressure gets low - around 10 psi and less.

I hate CAPTCHA. CAPTCHA sux. CAPTCHA is evil. CAPTCHA needs fixing.

Gil, Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS, Reese DC WDH
2009 F250 super duty, V10, 8' bed, Hawkshead TPMS

oldmanriver809

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/18 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I put on my cheaters to try to get a better look, it's such a tight space to see behind, and realized that the leak was at the connection where the plastic pipe screws onto the back of the toilet. I unscrewed it and inspected the gasket. The gasket seemed fine so I screwed it back on tight and so far I haven't had any more dripping. I don't understand why water would be in the line all the way up to the toilet since my tanks are empty? I even tried to cycle the toilet flusher to release this water. Does this line have a one way valve or something similar that prevents the water from flowing backwards into the holding tank or is it the design of the water pump to hold the water after its pumped through it? As far as posting pictures goes I tried reading the how to section but it's all foreign to me. I'm using my cell phone to post here but can't figure out the deal with the public website thing or the copy and paste thing. I don't see any icon that would indicate posting a picture. Thank you all for your replies.

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/18 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

oldmanriver809 wrote:

As far as posting pictures goes I tried reading the how to section but it's all foreign to me. I'm using my cell phone to post here but can't figure out the deal with the public website thing or the copy and paste thing.

Upload your pic here, copy the url created, and paste it into your post.

oldmanriver809

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/18 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you SoundGuy! Here is the link to my picture. [image]

pld33270

Raleigh, NC, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/18 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our trailer new leaked from the "hand tighten" connection (one with typically 3 wing grip) at the toilet the first trip out. I hand tightened it, problem solved. A couple of trips later, much less water leaking behind the toilet. I finally figured out the vacuum breaker was leaking. ~$20 from Amazon and 20ish minutes of work and the vacuum breaker was replaced. No more toilet leaks. It has been used connected to city water and the onboard fresh water system. No more issues.

Camp with my lovely wife and 2 rat terriers
2018 KZ Connect Lite C201 QB
2015 GMC Canyon, crew cab, long bed
2 Honda EU 2000i
Andersen WDH

oldmanriver809

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/18 01:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the response pld33270! After tightening the connection I figured it was fixed. Two days ago I filled the holding tank with water and turned on the pump and it was leaking like crazy from the black piece right above the connection. Needless to say I'm waiting for a new water module to arrive today from Amazon. The previous owner winterized the TT but didn't realize water stayed in the supply line all the way up to the tank and it cracked over the winter. Here's a pic of where the crack is located.[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> AR ONE leak behind toilet question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS