cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best vacuum

Goaltender1
Explorer
Explorer
We are just getting started on our fifth wheel adventure and would like some suggestions for cordless hard floor vacuums. Prefer cordless so we can clean the steps and cargo area. Thanks in advance.
25 REPLIES 25

TraveltheWorld
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
We got the cordless DysonV6 and love it.

Same here!!!
cpaulsen

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
We picked up a Shark Rocket stick vacuum recently. We've got an vac system in our Silverback, but it's a PITA to vacuum with and I don't like the way it does the carpet areas. We really like the Shark and picked it up at Sam's for $169 while the same model (S351/V345 - same model, but Sam's is the 345) was $219.99 elsewhere.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
TraveltheWorld wrote:
We currently have a Miele canister vacuum and was looking to upgrade to something more permanent. I have a Roadtrek 210 so space is a factor. I was going to go for the Intervac Compact RV Vacuum, it seems to have enough power and the size is right. Does anyone have experience with that unit?

https://www.thinkvacuums.com/central-vacuums/systems/specialty-units/boat-rv-units.html

Any recommendations?
As I mentioned above, I installed an Intervac. It has an insane amount of suction, as good as the shop vac in my garage or built-in Beam vac for the house. After 5 seasons, the Intervac bag hasn't had to be replaced yet and we use it regularly. It mounted easily in the back of the dinette seat at floor level and is recessed. Recommended!

Note that the Intervac draws 12 amps and that if you don't have a spare breaker slot, you'll need to buy a tandem breaker.

TraveltheWorld
Explorer
Explorer
We currently have a Miele canister vacuum and was looking to upgrade to something more permanent. I have a Roadtrek 210 so space is a factor. I was going to go for the Intervac Compact RV Vacuum, it seems to have enough power and the size is right. Does anyone have experience with that unit?

https://www.thinkvacuums.com/central-vacuums/systems/specialty-units/boat-rv-units.html

Any recommendations?

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
This reminds me of the "should we get a washer dryer for our RV"?
The guys here (most of the posters) will say naw dont need it, never giving the wives a opinion,I was ambivalent still dont care but our new to us Newmar came with a washer/dryer - wife loves LOVES it.The vacuum was the same I thought the built in was cool (18 attachments!!) what guy doesn't love attachments ,her ....not so much.
she loves the dyson it comes with a couple of attachments she only uses one ,I like it - unsnap the handle and use it in the basement or car .
no more emptying the DD bag - which was constantly and they are hard to find and $$$
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
at home our dyson stick vac has all but replaced our actual vacuum cleaner
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

JonWalter
Explorer
Explorer
https://cozzy.org/best-central-vacuum-system-reviews/There is an outlet mid ship that allows the 30' hose to reach anywhere inside and there is an outlet underneath in the storage bay that lets you use it outdoors. Our friends have a DirtDevil in their rig that does not have a bay outlet. It's great for when we are on the road, but when we do a heavy carpet clean when we get home, we usually use an upright unit with a carpet beater head.

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
myredracer wrote:
hone eagle wrote:
My wife hates the built in ,hose is heavy like wrestling a python .Loves her new dyson brings it from home .
Is that a built-in at home? Our built-in hose at home is definitely something to wrestle with, esp. with the outer jacket on it.

The Intervac and Dirt Devil (the other popular vac for RVs) both have flexible compact lightweight hoses that expand to 30' and collapse when let go. Our hose and fittings fit nicely in a drawer under the dinette seating.

Would not have one in our home but the torry pine came with it(dirt devil) ,hates it.
hose heavy cumbersome .The dyson is none of those.
Newmar 34rsks 2008

cowolter
Explorer
Explorer
We have an DrainVac system in our Tiffin and it works well

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
hone eagle wrote:
My wife hates the built in ,hose is heavy like wrestling a python .Loves her new dyson brings it from home .
Is that a built-in at home? Our built-in hose at home is definitely something to wrestle with, esp. with the outer jacket on it.

The Intervac and Dirt Devil (the other popular vac for RVs) both have flexible compact lightweight hoses that expand to 30' and collapse when let go. Our hose and fittings fit nicely in a drawer under the dinette seating.

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
Newmar 34rsks 2008

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
How about going with a built-in? I installed an Intervac. Powerful 12 amp motor. One of the best mods in our TT. Needs 120 volts tho.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
We got this rechargeable Eufy that has pretty good suction and the mid-section detaches as a dust buster and the charging base mounts in the bedroom closet of the fifth wheel. Paid about $85 on Amazon. Never heard of this brand but better than I expected.
https://www.eufylife.com/collections/cleaning/products/homevac-duo-2-in-1-cordless-vacuum-cleaner-2
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights