cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof top AC units

JCMack
Explorer
Explorer
Need to replace my roof top Duo-Therm 13500 btu with heat strip ac units on my 06 Newnar Mountain Aire. Please advise on quality brands that are a direct replacement.I will be doing both units so do I change the 5 button controller also.
5 REPLIES 5

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
X2 on getting heat pumps.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Chris Bryant wrote:
Doug, what about the ducted return?

Yes, once he gets the new upper unit he will have to verify the cold exhaust lines up with the old hole in the roof. If not, then the roof top hole will have to be modified. Doug

PS, if you buy Penguin units. They come with the upper control boards and you will purchase a 10 button CCC wall tstat also. I would NOT buy a unit and add the Heat Strip. I would buy the Heat Pump models, it is all plug and play.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Doug, what about the ducted return?
-- Chris Bryant

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The ONLY Brand you can use is Dometic. Your wall Tstat system only works with Dometic AC products. Doug

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Let Doug give you the current answer. Replacing that unit is not trivial, because of the ducted return. For a while they kept old style briskairs in stock just for Newmarket. Not sure if they still have them.
-- Chris Bryant