Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Warranty Forever

SoonerWing03
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.rvwarrantyforever.com/

Does anyone have an opinion on this? One dealer that we went to was touting this before we even stepped inside the first TT. He went on and on about how they were the only ones in the state offering this warranty.
6 REPLIES 6

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
The fact that it is not Nation wide or at least offered by others should be a clue.

When I bought our first TT we insure it for what it cost us, not the replacement value, for four years. I wanted my money back if I drove off a cliff. ๐Ÿ™‚

It was costly but we had some serious road damage repaired because they did not want to replace it. When that policy expired the value of the TT dropped so we switched to an adder on our car insurance.

I would pass on any "forever" guarantee on an object whose value drops like a stone in water.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
So, you take it in in April for a warranty problem. Get it back, fixed, 6 months later. Was it worth it?

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
SoonerWing03 wrote:
http://www.rvwarrantyforever.com/

Does anyone have an opinion on this? One dealer that we went to was touting this before we even stepped inside the first TT. He went on and on about how they were the only ones in the state offering this warranty.

It states in the FAQ that you cannot do your own maintenance. It must be done at a 'professional repair facility.'
Probably, if you your own winterizing/dewinterizing, it will void the warranty.

mart38655
Explorer
Explorer
I had this on my previous RV. "Incentive" from the dealer so didn't cost me anything initially. The only thing I had to do to keep it in force was have an annual service inspection. Cost at my dealer was about $100 plus any supplies if they used any. Could use any dealer I wanted as long as they checked all the items required. Did not have to have it winterized by them. You just mail the service invoice to the insurance co every year to verify that it was done.

For the consumer - I think it just depends on what type of owner you are. If you have the time and you enjoy working and maintaining your RV, it probably won't mean much to you. If you're the type thats not quite as skilled or you usually take your RV to the dealership for service anyway, it can be a good deal.

For the dealer - it's genius! It's gets you into a dealership at least once a year. And what do you do while you're there? At the very least you look around the parts dept and find something you need. If you're like me you also look at the newer models.

I traded that Rv after about 3 years so I never had to make a claim against the warranty so I don't know how that works. Bottom line - it's not something I would pay for, but if the dealer wants to give it to me, I would probably make the effort to use it again.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Here is how this will really work - you buy this policy, then you have to take it to the dealer to perform (and pay out of the nose)for several checkups - brakes, bearings, etc., etc. This is what the video is referring to - "you keep up with the recommended maintenance outlined in your agreement"

What are the costs associated with this, and what is the maintenance schedule you have to agree to?

I notice the roof is not mentioned.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

hawkeye-08
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dad got "forever warranty" on his new trailer a couple years ago, found out that the dealer has to do ALL (including winterizing and dewinterizing) service before the warranty is valid. Check the fine print.