Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing our stolen TT

atvaholic
Explorer
Explorer
Good Evening.

Last week, we were shocked to learn our trailer was stolen from the property we parked it on.

We called insurance, and luckily, it looks like they will replace with a new model. We got lucky there!

Our trailer was a 2012 KZ sportsmen 242SBH. We have been looking, and a close replacement is the 2018 Sportsman 231BHLE. The problem is, this does not have fiberglass siding, which mine did.

The next closest thing is the 2018 KZ connect 241bhk. We really like the floorplan, and it seems to be well-built. We were pretty happy with our original KZ, other than the mice kept getting in somehow...

I like Jayco's products too, but couldn't seem to find a model that had the same floorplan/features (specifically, the solid doors on the bedroom 😉 ), and the extra large bed. There are 2 TV's included which is a bonus. 2 year warranty is nice too.

Does anyone know any other similar manufacturers/floorplans to consider?

Anyone know of any issues with the connect?
6 REPLIES 6

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
I would second KZ. I owned a Spree Escape E204S for six years. A couple of minor problems in the beginning (all fixed under warranty) but it held up great. After six years we went camping in it for the last time and person in next campsite asking me if it was new after having traveled 7,800 miles and spending 138 nights in it.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
atvaholic wrote:
Yep! Thats the dealer. I have had luck with them in the past. Good to hear you had good experience with them. Not sure about the merger though.

The owner is a stand up guy as was his dad, always took care of me, as did K-Z when they were privately owned, can't help you with the merger though. You likely know who your closest Jayco dealer would be and I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole ... just sayin', as many others do as well. 🙂
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

atvaholic
Explorer
Explorer
Yep! Thats the dealer. I have had luck with them in the past. Good to hear you had good experience with them. Not sure about the merger though.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
atvaholic wrote:
Anyone know of any issues with the connect?

The K-Z Connect was developed out of the original K-Z Spree line which is now a limited series dedicated to larger models. As a previous K-Z owner I'd have no concern buying a Connect, especially if by "Niagara Falls" you mean you're in Ontario and not NY state and would be buying from Niagara Trailers which is a great dealership that has been selling K-Z for years. I suppose the only concern is that while my '08 and your stolen trailer were built when K-Z was a privately owned company it's now owned by Thor Industries which is a conglomerate in the RV business ... hard to say whether that's good or bad.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

classic_31
Explorer
Explorer
From a 2012 to a 2018 I guess you did get lucky.Good luck with the new one.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry. I’m a Winnebago fan. Consider their TT lines.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad