cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Long Island to Orlando

Rick_MC
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone! Traveling I 95 south, looking for a campsite close to I 95 for a layover, Richmond Virginia area. I can only seem to find KOA Kings Dominion. Anyone have any suggestions? TIA
2008 F350 Lariat DRW 6.4 PSD Super Duty 4.10 Rear
2018 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
Q5 Curt 20K Slider
2008 F250 Lariat Super Duty Firestone Air Ride Bags {sold}
5 REPLIES 5

Rick_MC
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. Called Americamp 1st, said they were all booked. Gonna head an hour south booked a night at carolina crossroads. $43 bucks cant complain!
2008 F350 Lariat DRW 6.4 PSD Super Duty 4.10 Rear
2018 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
Q5 Curt 20K Slider
2008 F250 Lariat Super Duty Firestone Air Ride Bags {sold}

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with fordtruckguy. We have made the trip from NJ to Orlando numerous times and stop at Americamps near Richmond most trips. Easy in and out, easy maneuvering inside the park. Everything you need for overnight with no hassle. If you choose to go just into NC, Exit 173 there's a CG in Roanoke Rapids with special, reduced cost for overnighters. Carolina Crossroads. Overnight sites are right in front, near the office, bathhouse and pool. Great people, nice facility. Cheaper than Americamp about an hour south.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
KOA in Fredricksburg VA is pretty nice. Just off I-95.

If you want to push a little further, Carolina Crossroads just across the VA/NC border is set up for quick overnight stops. They have a pool, a hot tub and a pool table.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

I am sitting in Americamps, Ashland VA as I type this... Easy on/off 95 and is an exit above 295/95 split around Richmond on the North side...

If you have time while stopped here, there is a Bass Pro Shops around the corner, and a Camping World ( Formally McGeorges Rolling Hills RV. ) around the corner...

Americamps has large, pull through with full hook ups.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I have no personal experience with it, but a quick search suggests Pocahontas State Park might be a decent option. They have water and electric hookups, currently $35 out of state per night (plus reservation fees and maybe taxes and so forth as applicable).