cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone change to LED's on interior?

mrad
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for some advice from those who have change their interior lights to LED's. I as just about to purchase a set on three long ovals for $36. However, after reading the reviews, I found that some found the color of the light to be very annoying.

Curious on opinions from those who have tried it?

https://www.amazon.com/Kohree-Ceiling-Fixture-Interior-Lighting/dp/B00ZR7WLEE/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1529463145&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=led+rv+interior+lights&psc=1
27 REPLIES 27

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I have converted most of my lights to LED and for the most part love them. My problem is I bought a bunch of strips and panels and didn't keep track of each purchase by color or output. At the time the selection of HEP, 5 meter long LED strips and the choice of lamps were limited and either very expensive or dirt cheap. Little was available by lumen and kelvin and no one talked about angle of disbursement.

Today most sellers give you a choice and instead of one or two types to choose from there are five or six. After some digging on line I downloaded quite a bit of stuff and I now know the color I want and the brilliance per LED that I want. Also today you have a pretty good selection of angle of disbursement.

Some times DIY ends up costing more than pre-made, but it's fun and keeps me from having to pull weeds.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear that you have solved your problem, and at a reasonable cost.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

mrad
Explorer
Explorer
I made the change last night. I ended up replacing the bulbs only. Was able to find 20 LED bulbs for $10. They were not the soft light but I have dark woodwork in my TT and thought I would give it a try. Unbelievable!. Much brighter, and my fan on my inverter now does not kick on with all light on. It used to kick on when dining room lights and any other light turned on.

Thanks to all who suggested just changing the bulbs.

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
Inside and most outside
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Sure, you can tell us more. Scan the TV for over the air channels with all lights turned off. Then check how many channels are watchable, now turn on the lights and check again.

Those lights cost too much, and have the voltage regulation that causes TV interference.

I have not noticed anything with mine. I always scan the channels when setting up (the lights are off) and at night if I want to watch tv - the channels are still there.

On the price - I had bought a bunch of different LED's from amz, ebay etc.. and none of them were any good or failed. With these they were the first ones I bought that had the same color and were brighter than the 921's they replaced and I have had no failures on them. You get what you pay for I guess.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
kmb1966 wrote:
I must be buying the wrong type of LED's because I changed out some of mine and the whole room seems to be a TINT OF BLUE!

You probably want to get "Warm White" LEDs. The warm white ones are about the same color as ordinary light bulbs.

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
I must be buying the wrong type of LED's because I changed out some of mine and the whole room seems to be a TINT OF BLUE!

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
austinjenna wrote:
I replaced all my 921 with these and they are actually brighter and wife approved -Need i say more?
Linky

Sure, you can tell us more. Scan the TV for over the air channels with all lights turned off. Then check how many channels are watchable, now turn on the lights and check again.

Those lights cost too much, and have the voltage regulation that causes TV interference.

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced all my 921 with these and they are actually brighter and wife approved -Need i say more?
Linky

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah as I recall, I got a box of 20 LED bulbs for less than $20 on ebay. Unless you are a dedicated hobbiest, I can't imagine going to the trouble to build your own when they are available for less than a buck a piece now.

Steve
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
mrad wrote:
lawrosa wrote:
Why not just change bulbs..

M4 has great products when I changed mine..

http://www.m4products.com/

I just looked at their products. It appears more expensive to replace the bulbs than the fixtures?????

Look on eBay.

mrad
Explorer
Explorer
lawrosa wrote:
Why not just change bulbs..

M4 has great products when I changed mine..

http://www.m4products.com/

I just looked at their products. It appears more expensive to replace the bulbs than the fixtures?????

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced all the old-style bulbs--not fixtures--with "bulbs" from LEDTrailerLights.com. For a "warm" appearance, you want a color temp of 2700K or at MOST 3000K. Make sure the lumens--measure of light output--is the same or more as what you are replacing.

This was several years ago, so I don't have the info handy. But if you call the LEDTrailerLights people, they can help you out.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have replaced a bunch of the bayonet type (1141 or 1147 not sure which) with LED's. Some (The first ones I bought) were JUNK. Some (Eco-Led) were expensive .. but excellent.. Some are Warm Wight. i rather like Cool Wite and some Cool.

Recommendation is if buying on line buy one or two. try 'em. and if you like 'em put in a bulk order. if not .. Try a different supplier.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times