cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any good topo books for the Yukon?

buylow12
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for something like the Backroads Mapbooks like they have for British Columbia or Benchmark Maps in the US.
Tim Czarkowski
TotalTravelers.com
8 REPLIES 8

explorenorth
Explorer
Explorer
SideHillSoup wrote:
In BC you can go the regional Provincial office and ask and pay for a map of a particular area. The maps in BC are of a D size drawing but show only a small area 100 x 100 kms approx. I havenโ€™t bought one for BC in a lot of years however I do know they are available.
You are in Whitehorse, head over to the Govt office and ask in there. I just looked on line and there are a lot of different maps that are available on line, maybe they would have a paper copy of the same available.
Soup.

In Whitehorse, all Yukon and northern BC government topos are available at Mac's Fireweed Books on Main Street.
Murray

Whitehorse, Yukon
http://ExploreNorth.com/
and blogging at http://ExploreNorthBlog.com/
I live to travel, and travel to really live

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
In BC you can go the regional Provincial office and ask and pay for a map of a particular area. The maps in BC are of a D size drawing but show only a small area 100 x 100 kms approx. I havenโ€™t bought one for BC in a lot of years however I do know they are available.
You are in Whitehorse, head over to the Govt office and ask in there. I just looked on line and there are a lot of different maps that are available on line, maybe they would have a paper copy of the same available.
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

buylow12
Explorer
Explorer
Yea I checked there but they don't have the Yukon. That was actually the first place I looked because I bought their British Columbia collection. I'm in Whitehorse horse now and even talking with the lady at the bookstore she said they just don't make the. 30k people live in the Yukon and 25k live here in Whitehorse, so there's just not the demand I guess. I just like to get one for each place I go. Apparently the government used to produce a hunting guide for the whole area but no longer. She didn't say how long ago and I didn't think to ask. The go to book for Baja is no longer produced but you can find it if your willing to look and pay for it. So maybe I could find an old copy of the hunting guide, I doubt it's changed a whole lot.... I want a paper copy, not electronic also. I use them for planning mostly. They will print out any sections you want here but they are map size, not really efficient to get hundreds of them.
Tim Czarkowski
TotalTravelers.com

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
This just came out this morning from BRMB ( Back Road Map Book) They have added the Northwest Territories and Nunavut, and many more places in Canada as well as the new road from Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk.

New northern Canada GPS maps.

Soup.
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Here ya go Yukon Back country map in a SIM Card for your GPS.
I have the one for all of BC.... itโ€™s great.
Yukon Toppgraghic maps for Hunting

Soup.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very few roads to worry about. Mostly bush.

buylow12
Explorer
Explorer
I have backcountry navigator on Android for that but it's not the same for planning trips a book with the government websites and what not listed and Iditarod usually info about them.
Tim Czarkowski
TotalTravelers.com

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
If you have an iPad take a look at Topo Maps Canada.
Everything is free including all the offline maps.