road-runner wrote:
Will 25 kW run my air conditioner

That's a good question!

However, probably this solar setup will run it: :B
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Not feasible with my setup. Google AC and SOLAR for weeks worth of reading.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
Will 25 kW run my air conditioner??? ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Fleetwood Icon

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
I installed 4 250w high voltage panels in series. Midnight Solar 150 Classic charge controller, Wizbang Jr. w/shunt, 4 I.B.S. deep cycle. Charge Controller wired to my LAN. Classic app on my Samsung S7

How do you like that Mex?

Note that this was taken at 9:30PM (ending amps at -14)
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi MrWizard,

My BlueSky 3024di did get to 14.2 volts both yesterday and today. A little lower that perhaps it should be--but that is with temperature compensation and it is fairly hot at the moment. (32 C, 90 f)
I did add an external switch so I could toggle it to equalize mode.

MrWizard wrote:
sorry 'P"
you were right
battery charger, not solar charger
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

MrWizard
sorry 'P"
you were right
battery charger, not solar charger
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
"Alexa, turn up the heat to 72.1 degrees, show Dallas episode season six number four at 7:02 PM, then turn on campfire gas and special effects at 9:09 PM"

Now this is roughing it. With gas, no more smoky smelling clothes.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Megawatt has a very large adjustable voltage power supply that can maintain 13.6 up to 14.1 volts good for power pedestal princesses.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
You both IMHO are arguing separate points absolutely correctly.

OFF GRID GENERATOR battery charging must be simple to perform and absolutely thorough. Do it wrong and it eats generator time like a wolf eats rabbits. Or more likely batteries are recycled having used 50% of their potential life.

ARISE

Look at voltmeter

Start generator

Twist Intermatic timer dial according to what voltmeter says.

Go do something interesting

If that regimen overwhelms the mentality then camping at the Hyatt Regency with room service may be a viable option.

Yet no smart circuit, no algorithm I have ever seen can duplicate what the smart camper just did.

Th smart camper takes one or two tried then remembers that running the charger for x-hours will fill the batteries completely. Too slow? Buy a bigger charger. I'll harp again -- this is NOT charging with an old fashioned transformer battery charger. This is charging with something that has an adjustable upper voltage charge voltage setting. All the freakin' difference in the world.

The Trace was a 120 amp charger. And had adjustable timing to limit time at maximum absorbsion voltage.

Wanna buy a THIRTY YEAR OLD pseudo sine wave charger. The one in the picture came from eBay. It was sold the same day for eleven hundred dollars. Neat huh?

Anyone out there need a gunnysack of failed Art Deco smart chargers? Free to a good home. Wish I could stuff Jerry Brown in another sack and ship him as well.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
MrWizard wrote:
why ? it only produces power when the sun is out
and 13.6v is not going to do the proper battery charge

Hmmm ... my error. I thought Mex's photo was merely of a good old Trace battery charger/inverter.

Hence I thought he was making a point - when using the Trace in it's charger mode - of it being capable of RV battery charging at a manually adjustable voltage and for a time interval set using an Intermatic mechanical timer ... his usual (and excellent) K.I.S.S. recommended method for good battery charging under tight user control.

If so, my point was that one could also not use the Intermatic timer, set the Trace to say, a fixed 13.6 volts, and then use it 24/7 in one's RV as a standard fixed voltage converter to power 12V items whan on hookups or a generator.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Don't give up mike-s if you remember addresses, you're not a goner - yet...:)

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
RedRocket204 wrote:
Too much Tequila
Nothing new. I think that happened a long, long, time ago. Apparently, the Mexican anti-dementia drugs don't work.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
RedRocket204 wrote:
Too much Tequila
Yes and apparently it is ice cold ๐Ÿ˜‰

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Like Colorado has an eight day no sun hurricane (?) Very easy to rack-up an -800 hour deficit with 24' linear side by side freezers running. Would like fans, etc.lights, etc.