cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Did You Do To Your B+ Recently ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I gave it a good washing on Sunday. (2002 Dynamax Carri-go)
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
10 REPLIES 10

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Putting it on a diet. Going through and organizing and removing unnecessary items. Really, 6 coffee mugs?
I found an electrical panel inside one of the outdoor storage areas with circuit breakers in it, what, I owned this rig how long? Also saw my HWH tank is not up to full so I ordered fluid from Internet.
Heading to Sonoma then Seattle for some racing.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Finance's 2002 Dynamax Carri-go:

Gave it a good cleaning out.

Fixed the roof top air conditioner by taking the cover off and giving the fan blade a tug. This happens once every couple years if the AC has not ran for awhile.

Ran the roof top AC for two hours under generator load.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Went to fabric store, purchased enough material to cover front nose from top of roof to front bumper, had wife do her magic on the sewing machine. Installed grommets and using tarp ball and elastic things now have a cover that keeps my bird friends business off the front nose.

The roof is fine and didn't want to invest in a full cover. I'm out about 40 bucks for the project.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
garmp wrote:
We have our RV in storage for the couple of hot months and finally got tire covers. Small accomplishment, but makes me happy! Also interested in the slide maintenance answers, as all this is new to us.

The slide in my 09 Cambria in the bedroom would only go out a foot then stop, another foot then stop. The motor was heating up causing the internal protector to trip.

I removed the mattress, plywood cover for access to the screw, found gunk built up on the sliding mechanism. Using strong cleaners I removed said gunk, varnish, and re-lubed with a silicone spray. All was good and then it happened again. Process repeated but used a spray specifically for slides and it worked fine.

We camp in the dusty,dirty desert. My guess is the fine dust gets in there and clings to anything it can find. There is no external access so everything is from inside.

Front slide. 2/3 of the way home on a 300 mile drive, I pull into a rest area and as I turned my front slide moved out a few inches. I did not have the slide lock in place. I went and inspected the slide rails outside and found one of the rail "stops" was broken, the weld failed.
Installed the slide lock on the rear of the slide, drove home,and welded it in place. Haven't had an issue since.

Now what maintenance is required on slides? Keep the slides clean, use lubricant designed for that purpose and know a welder just in case.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have our RV in storage for the couple of hot months and finally got tire covers. Small accomplishment, but makes me happy! Also interested in the slide maintenance answers, as all this is new to us.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Eastwacamper
Explorer
Explorer
What is needed to maintain the slide out in my Phoenix Cruiser? Love the rig, btw.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
We driveway camped two weeks ago and plan on doing it tonight. Life at the moment has kept us from going away to camp for multiple nights so this is the next best thing and the Price Is Right!

Fiance' purchased a (B+ ?) 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hank85713 wrote:
bukhrn, why, a B+ is still a C.

We are traveling now and I finally met up with someone with a B+. It is an Cambria, sister to the Aspect we have. See these very seldom so was nice to talk to another owner/operator. Mine is a 12 his is a 15, some nice changes between them. He like me has issues with some systems operations and we both do not have the answers for either of us.

Other than that we have gone almost 1500 miles since the beginniong of the month with about another 2000 left before we are home. Going over to teddy Roosevelt NP then down to Wind Cave NP. On road again tomorrow.

We have an 09 Cambria, call it a C or a B+ who cares. Anyway I purchased pre owned about 4 years ago with 19K miles. My biggest issue or one of them is the brackets holding the nose cone to the truck roof breaking or coming loose.
The bedroom slide likes a lot of maintenance regardless of what I spray on the rails. My guess is the dusty conditions we frequent out in the desert and it gums the sliders up.
Went to start it yesterday and chassis battery dead, important to run a small charge into accessory port on the dash to eliminate the parasitic drain effects.
Gave it a complete wash, roof included, and its ready for a short weekend trip to visit friends for a "stargazing" party in the desert.

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn, why, a B+ is still a C.

We are traveling now and I finally met up with someone with a B+. It is an Cambria, sister to the Aspect we have. See these very seldom so was nice to talk to another owner/operator. Mine is a 12 his is a 15, some nice changes between them. He like me has issues with some systems operations and we both do not have the answers for either of us.

Other than that we have gone almost 1500 miles since the beginniong of the month with about another 2000 left before we are home. Going over to teddy Roosevelt NP then down to Wind Cave NP. On road again tomorrow.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
We de-winterized, cleaned, packed and got away for 10 days. The pollen and dust were terrible - had to thoroughly clean everything again when we got home. All systems worked as they should despite the unit not being used for 8 months. It was good to get out again.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)