cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Phone problem - SOLVED

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
My Samsung S4 Mini was rebooting several times. I suspect it is because I was sweating on it too much. I tried to reboot it into safe mode which seemed to work at first because I saw the Safe Mode in the lower right corner. However, then it started to reboot again but it will not complete the reboot. It is stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini logo. Can I remove the battery with it in the middle of the reboot? Should I let the battery run down? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Updated: Went on Samsung online Chat and the rep said to remove the battery and all is well again! Would really recommend the Samsung chat online - very helpful and easy to follow instructions.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited
7 REPLIES 7

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Went on Samsung online Chat and the rep said to remove the battery and all is well again! Would really recommend the Samsung chat online - very helpful and easy to follow instructions.
Dave & Kathy
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Sadly the newer phones (S-6-7-8) you can not remove the battery.

Check YouTube for instructions and eBay for a battery and tools.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:

You just need a bigger hammer.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
2chiefsRus wrote:
is it ok to remove the battery in mid reboot process?

YES....

The only time there is a risk if power is lost is when you are updating the phone's firmware (operating system). If you interupt that process you could brick your device.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
is it ok to remove the battery in mid reboot process?
Dave & Kathy
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Take the battery out, wait two minutes and put it back in. If that does not work, call your phone provider and they should be able to walk you thru the restore procedures. Be aware you will loose EVERYRHING. Your other option is to go get a new phone. The S4 is now pretty old technology with a really short battery life. I was lucky to get a half day, with my newer phone I can go all day easily.