cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1998 Monaco dynasty water pump

RNRC
Explorer
Explorer
Im new to the rv world, I just got a 98 dynasty and the coach water pump doesn't work. Where is the pump located? I've searched everywhere and can't find it. Thanks in advance
12 REPLIES 12

RNRC
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing I've come up with is someone had wired this thing up wrong. The module is by the front switch on the generator panel, and it is burned up. There is no 12v power source anywhere around the water pump area. Does anyone out there have any idea where the wiring from the fuse center would be ran so I can use it to the water pump and then I'll mount the module at the water pump area and hook it up like it sounds like its supposed to be wired and let the switches control ground supply to the module. Thanks

RNRC
Explorer
Explorer
It has 2 switches, one on the bathroom sink cabinet and one on the generator control panel. The one on the generator panel is a momentary switch which looks like triggers a intellic module and supplies power to the bathroom switch but the power turns off when a load is place on it. By turning that switch on. I can run 12v from the back switch and the pump will run. I have a loss of power to the switch. Thanks

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes multiple switches are just wired like three-way (or four-way if 3+ switches) light switches: flipping any switch will change the state from on to off or vice-versa. A wiring diagram for the light switches should make clear what's going on in such cases.

I think the pump controller gizmo is more common, though. If there's only one switch, it's usually very straightforward, just as you would expect it and just as for any single switch controlling a single gizmo.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
RNRC wrote:
Now if I could come up with a wiring diagram it would be great! Is there anywhere to get that info for older units? Thanks

Do you have multiple switches to turn on the pump or just one?
If you have multiple switches, this schmatic may work for you.
The Intellitec controller is usually close to the pump.
If one switch is stuck closed, none of the other switches will work.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

RNRC
Explorer
Explorer
Found it! It's in rear basement compartment behind a sliding door I hadn't seen. Thanks for all the reply's.
Now if I could come up with a wiring diagram it would be great! Is there anywhere to get that info for older units? Thanks

MrWizard
on our 95 safari
drivers side
wet bay, behind the plate where all the water fittings and shore cord plug in
on left side is grill/cover plate to access fittings

had to remove the main mounting plate, water pump was behind that plate

very common to 'hide' the water pump
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

RNRC
Explorer
Explorer
House water pump.
I haven't located it in any basement compartment, not under any cabinet either. The water supply compartment, where the fill and waste fittings are looks pretty solid. Thangs for the responses

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Engine or house water pump?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
On our '97 dynasty the water pump is on the passenger side between the slide out storage tray and the battery compartment. It's in the same compartment as the AquaHot access, the Manibloc water distribution and the whole house water filters. If you don't have AquaHot, it may be different.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
In the Sig series, usually behind the outside water bay compartment. There is a door that opens and you usually access the actual pump from the first storage in front of the water bay. There should be wood carpeted panels that slide to expose the area behind the water bay. Doug

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is under the refer
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141