cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Chevrolet Blazer

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not sure if this vehicle deserves the Blazer nameplate, but whatever.

Enjoy...

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
32 REPLIES 32

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
There are A handful of police packages available in SUVs. And it isnโ€™t that police donโ€™t like them, it is the fact that they often canโ€™t afford them as it is more expensive than a sedan. From what I understand, Tahoe is the most expensive. Followed by Explorer (which I see a lot of).

This shift away from cars will certainly have an effect on law enforcement.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Not sure if this vehicle deserves the Blazer nameplate, but whatever.

Enjoy...

Link

Ya it doesn't deserve it.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
turbojimmy wrote:
Lessmore wrote:
Given that Ford will be dropping cars, including the Ford Taurus/Interceptor sedan police package...I wonder if GM will make a police package Chevy Blazer to compete with the Ford Explorer PP ? The Impala sedan Police Package was dropped in 2017..which leaves only the long in the tooth Dodge Charger Police Package sedan left..

They're still importing the Caprice (Holden) for police-only use, right? I see them once in a while.

I was reading an article about sedans for police use and the reality is that "full sized" sedans have become too small to be practical for police use. Even the Charger is marginal (but I must say that I have one and it's great for civilian use). The towns around me have mostly Explorers and a couple of Chargers. There's a smattering of Suburbans, too. NJ State Police use Chargers almost exclusively for highway patrol but have sport utes for other uses.

Anyhow, it wouldn't surprise me if they had a police-package Blazer to compete with the Explorer fleet sales.

No. Holden has stopped production totally

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ACZL wrote:
IMO, the Blazer nameplate should only be on a large SUV as to where it got it's start in the 1st place. Right up there w/ the FULL size Bronco and Ramcharger. A downsize vehicle w/ Blazer on it just isn't a Blazer.

What is worse it will be made in Mexico

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Lessmore wrote:
Given that Ford will be dropping cars, including the Ford Taurus/Interceptor sedan police package...I wonder if GM will make a police package Chevy Blazer to compete with the Ford Explorer PP ? The Impala sedan Police Package was dropped in 2017..which leaves only the long in the tooth Dodge Charger Police Package sedan left..

I believe chevy still has the Tahoe police package

They do. I answered my own question about the Caprice through the magic of Google. The Caprice PPV was discontinued in 2017, but you can still get Tahoes/Suburbans and Impala police packages.

The Chargers intrigue me because you can still get an AWD Hemi with the police package but not for civilian use - they went away with the 2015 model year.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lessmore wrote:

I believe chevy still has the Tahoe police package

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Lessmore wrote:

They're still importing the Caprice (Holden) for police-only use, right? I see them once in a while.

I was reading an article about sedans for police use and the reality is that "full sized" sedans have become too small to be practical for police use. Even the Charger is marginal (but I must say that I have one and it's great for civilian use). The towns around me have mostly Explorers and a couple of Chargers. There's a smattering of Suburbans, too. NJ State Police use Chargers almost exclusively for highway patrol but have sport utes for other uses.

Anyhow, it wouldn't surprise me if they had a police-package Blazer to compete with the Explorer fleet sales.

Lessmore
Explorer
Explorer

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like a Camaro XLT.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Yup looks like a Lexus crossed with a Jeep Grand Cherokee to me. Not bad looking IMO, but not something I'd consider to be a Blazer.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Hecho en Mexico. I wonder what the tariff will end up being on it.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
Having owned a mid-'80s full-size K5 Blazer, I would say "no." They should have just come up with a new name. The vehicles aren't even intended for the same purpose.

Rob

X2
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
All I could afford wrote:
I see a little bit of Mazda CX 3...5...or 9 in the profile

And that would make it a Ford product, not a GM. Toyota maybe or Opel.

Opel Grandland X

Neqw Blazer

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Also by using the Blazer name means Chevy's not going to compete with Jeep or Ford's Bronco which IMO is a big mistake and to have another CUV shows that GM's management is lost.

I suppose we'll see a small electric powered Jimmy next and the next new econo box named the Chevelle.

BTW... My parents had a 1975 Blazer that was a two tone red/white with a white roof that looked like a jewel.