cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Thor Tuscany Engine Confusion Question

Plumber101010
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at one of these and the description says 360 hp. Started doing a search for other used models and they all say roughly 350 to 385 depending on the RPM. Further research shows the specs for the engine a Cummins ISB-XT Diesel Engine is indeed 350-385.

But a video by the manufacturer who did a fairly long presentation when it was new said that “ all Tuscany models now come with a 450 hp diesel”

Is the guy whose doing the video full of it and giving out incorrect info??
16 REPLIES 16

Mike_and_Trish
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
If you know it's a 360hp, why are you posting? If it is 360, it's 360 and any thing you hear from anyone else is nonsense. Or, you could call Cummins with the serial number.

It could be a ISB 360 or an ISC 360, big difference between them. :W

The 2014 Tuscany XTE had the ISB 360HP.
Mike and Trish
2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee on Blue Ox Aventa LX
Yorkiepoos - Janis and Jimi

Bruce_Brown
Bill.Satellite wrote:
If you know it's a 360hp, why are you posting? If it is 360, it's 360 and any thing you hear from anyone else is nonsense. Or, you could call Cummins with the serial number.

It could be a ISB 360 or an ISC 360, big difference between them. :W
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

camperguy99
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Tuscany 40DX with the ISL9 450 HP. I think the Aria is a somewhat dumbed down Tuscany with the ISB engine. Way to little engine for that size of coach at least out west with mountains in my opinion.

Mike_and_Trish
Explorer
Explorer
Unless I missed it, no one here has pointed out that you must be talking about the Tuscany XTE (which has the Cummins ISB engine), not the Tuscany (which has the 450HP Cummins ISL). Yes, it would have been nice if they hadn't called them both "Tuscany," but I think they have since resolved that by introducing the Aria and Venetian and doing away with the XTE.
Mike and Trish
2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee on Blue Ox Aventa LX
Yorkiepoos - Janis and Jimi

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Plumber101010 wrote:
It’s not like it’s super important but it is a bit of a mystery and somewhere along the line after they produced the video and printed the brochure a decision was made to swap out that engine with the smaller one and I’m just curious why because that seems to me like false advertising!
Did you happen to notice the fine print on the last page of the brochure or the Terms of Use page on Thor's web site? They have well paid lawyers thinking about stuff like this.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

hipower
Explorer
Explorer
Plumber101010 wrote:
It’s not like it’s super important but it is a bit of a mystery and somewhere along the line after they produced the video and printed the brochure a decision was made to swap out that engine with the smaller one and I’m just curious why because that seems to me like false advertising!

That's where the fine print comes into the picture. It usually says something like "Prices and specifications subject to change", or something to that effect.

Plumber101010
Explorer
Explorer

Plumber101010
Explorer
Explorer
mike brez wrote:
Plumber101010 wrote:
55 secs he says ALL MODELS

He actually said all Tuscany models not all models

2014 brochure only one engine offered 450hp

I know, this thread is about Tuscany models as in the title and opening statement so when I said all models I assumed everyone knew I was referring to all Tuscany models 🙂 Plus the video is about the Tuscany model so of course... lol

But yes the brochure is wrong so something is amiss

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Plumber101010 wrote:

He actually said all Tuscany models not all models

2014 brochure only one engine offered 450hp
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Plumber101010
Explorer
Explorer

Plumber101010
Explorer
Explorer
https://youtu.be/FhD1EG95wcQ

First part of the video he says It

Plumber101010
Explorer
Explorer
Yes sir! One seller from ad responded that it’s only for anything longer than a 40 footer and comes with a tag axle then it has the bigger 450 engine. Which basically means the guy on the video lied!!! LOL

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
And it's a Cummins - 6.7L ISBe to be exact.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?