Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: And Neither Family is Camping!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> And Neither Family is Camping!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/18 07:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We got two grandsons heading out this weekend for the USSSA Baseball World Series. One is on a 13 and under Majors team, headed to Panama City, Fl. The other is on a 9 and under Majors team, headed to Tennessee.
The one on the 9 and under team, was on the 8 and under World Series winning team last year at Gulf Shores, Alabama. His team finished second in state last weekend.
Both boys (first cousins) are playing for the Zachary (Louisiana) LedgendZ!

Would love to be there for both boys!

Wish’m luck!

Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

salem

Central Valley, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/18 11:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pretty darned impressive. Hope they do well.

memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/18 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks! Both families have devoted a goodly portion of their lives toward baseball. Great family sport, and maybe, just maybe a college scholarship or two!

PawPaw_n_Gram

On the Road Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/18 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That’s great.

Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Sailors are essential because even Marines need heroes”

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

salem

Central Valley, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/18 06:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My youngest grandson, who'll be going into his freshman year in high school in August, has decided he may go out for the water polo team. To prepare, he has joined a city Rec. Dept. team this summer. They had their first scrimmage yesterday. I'll admit I know absolutely nothing about water polo, but found it to be a very fast paced, action filled sport. I'm already hoping he makes the high school team.[emoticon]

memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/18 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That’s great Salem! Water Polo appears to be a very physically demanding sport. It’s great to see that “not all” of today’s youth “are not” destined to live in their parent”s basement playing video games.

I’m a little bummed about the boy’s teams. The older’s team, struggled in “pool play”, and didn’t move- on into the elimination rounds. The “little guy’s” team, went 5 and 0 in “pool play”, went into the elimination rounds “seeded” #1.....had a bad in the elimination round, and got beat! One loss and you go home!

salem

Central Valley, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/18 12:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, memtb: Looks to be very physically demanding. If you're not swimming from one end of the pool to the other, you're treading water, which also takes a lot of energy. I guess that's why all those water polo guys back in high school were always built like sharks. [emoticon]

memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/18 06:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

salem wrote:

Thanks, memtb: Looks to be very physically demanding. If you're not swimming from one end of the pool to the other, you're treading water, which also takes a lot of energy. I guess that's why all those water polo guys back in high school were always built like sharks. [emoticon]

I can only imagine the fitness of Water Polo players. I have very little “pool” experience....we did most of our swimming in creeks, ponds, and lakes!

In a different direction: I found out last night, that the “little” guy’s older brother (just finished his freshman year) , was moved up to the high school baseball team as a “designated” pitcher. They are playing “summer league” baseball against other schools. He pitched 2 innings, allowing .....no hits, no runs, and no walks. So....he’s doing pretty well also!

* This post was edited 06/30/18 06:58am by memtb *

salem

Central Valley, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/18 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! Congrats.

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/18 05:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

memtb wrote:

salem wrote:

I can only imagine the fitness of Water Polo players. I have very little “pool” experience....we did most of our swimming in creeks, ponds, and lakes!

In a different direction: I found out last night, that the “little” guy’s older brother (just finished his freshman year) , was moved up to the high school baseball team as a “designated” pitcher. They are playing “summer league” baseball against other schools. He pitched 2 innings, allowing .....no hits, no runs, and no walks. So....he’s doing pretty well also!

Eastern Europeans have many leagues playing the game, plus that very European game handball

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> And Neither Family is Camping!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS