cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water issue

bill257
Explorer
Explorer
We took our our Coachman 32 BH Freelander today for a trip.I dewinterize it and fill the water tank.I am noticing very low water pressure in all the faucets.What could be the reason.Any help would be appreciated.
31 REPLIES 31

77rollalong
Explorer
Explorer
I just finished going throught all of this with the mother in law's motorhome last weekend trying to get running water. Last weekend we took out both motorhomes to a provincial park with no water hook ups and did a bit of trouble shooting, and found the inlet filter partly plugged and housing cracked. We got a new inlet filter on the weekend, and also added a shutoff valve between the tank and the filter so we can now remove the filter with out having to drain the tank, one problem fixed. We now have water leaking out of the back of the rv under the bathroom sink, removed the cover under the sink and found the hot water line came apart at a "T" , reinstalled that, problem 2 fixed. found another leak under the kitchen sink, the inlet pipe on the taps had cracked, another trip to the rv shop, and new kitchen taps installed, Problem 3 fixed. we also noticed that the pump motor was also kinda noisy, so i decided to seperate the motor from the pump and see if it was the motor or the pump, ended up the motor bearings where shot, but i had saved the pump from ours where the pump had failed on the sur-flow and installed the other motor in it place, now its quiet again. I found in our motor home that there was a factory screen in the bottom of the fresh water tank that had gotten plugged up restricting flow to the pump, which i punched out with a screw driver and then added a gate valve at the bottom of the tank and a screen after that a could again clean and get at easy if need be. You may also find too that if your battery voltage is low the pump may not be able to build enought pressure to shut off the pump as well ...

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps a photo would enable helpers to sort out your valves. On my C there is a two position valve at the pump inlet, selecting water from the tank or from a hose that I put in a jug of antifreeze when winterizing. There are also two valves at the hot water tank so water flow can bypass the tank when winterizing or not when you want the water to go through the tank.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for the update!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Great news.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

bill257
Explorer
Explorer
Ok friends.Problem solved.I was finally able to find the filter and guess what.It was clogged.Cleaned it and put it back.Water pump now working fine with excellent pressure in all the faucets and shower head/, Thanks for your help and guidance.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
By the way bill, don't forget to come back and let us know how everything worked out.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
bill257 wrote:
If i replace the water pump, should I replace it of same brand and design.Current one is:
Flojet 03526-144A Triplex Diaphragm Automatic Water System Pump, 2.9 GPM 50 PSI, 12 volt DC
It is 42 dollars on Amazon.
I probably would, should eliminate the need to change anything, (other than the pump), making a swap out simple.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus

bill257
Explorer
Explorer
If i replace the water pump, should I replace it of same brand and design.Current one is:
Flojet 03526-144A Triplex Diaphragm Automatic Water System Pump, 2.9 GPM 50 PSI, 12 volt DC
It is 42 dollars on Amazon.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
If the pump runs with no demand, faucet open, you have a leak, air on the intake side of the pump,could be a connection, if it were after the pump, you'd have a water leak. Or the pump diaphragm?
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
how is the water flow when the system is on city water only? does it flow freely and only get sluggish if the system is switched to the storage tank? City/fresh water good flow then as indicated there may be a problem with the pump pump line. did you use air to blow the system clear?

If possible drain the tank and start all over 1st with city/fresh water then put some in tank and try again.

bill257
Explorer
Explorer
Now even in the beginning not much pressure.I checked and there are no filters or attachment to the water pump. Also I have noticed water pump is keep running even when no faucet is open.t seems that water pump need to be replaced.

OLYLEN
Explorer
Explorer
If you get good water pressure then drops off the water lines from the pump on are good flow. The problem is either as above a clogged whole house filter or the pump or the water flow to the pump which would include the screen.

LEN

bill257
Explorer
Explorer
I checked,it is Flojet water system pump model 03526-144 available at Amazon in 44 dollars. 50psi and 2.9G per min.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You should check to see if you have good gravity flow from the fresh water tank. Some debris could be blocking the connection.
Take the output side of the pump loose and see is you get good flow.
Look for a strainr on the pump input side.
I doubt whether it is the pump.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker